Confirm Call when using Asterisk internal Forwarding

I have a user who forwarded his extension using the astdb put cf value to forward his extension. Is there any way to have that call use a press 1 to confirm?

not directly. You can use followme. You can forward it to a custom extensions which has followme, etc. But there is no easy way to just do it with forwarding.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

OK, so let me ask another question that may provide a solution to what I seek.

I am looking for a way to have a webpage that can set a call forward number for a extension. Using PHP with dbput I can easily do it, but then I don’t have the feature. Is there a way to populate the freepbx db and then recreate the config files remotely?

Surely. Its just a matter of updating the freepbx databases, setting the correct parameters in astdb and then calling the update script that freepbx calls when you hit the big red button… direct from the code:

$retrieve = "/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf";
       exec($retrieve.'&>/var/log/asterisk/freepbx-retrieve.log');
       $asterisk_manager_interface->Command("Action: Command\r\nCommand: moh reload\r\n\r\n");
       $asterisk_manager_interface->Command("Action: Command\r\nCommand: reload\r\n\r\n");

If your using the latest freepbx, the new version of ARI may already have what you want.

Thanks for the help. What I am doing is building a script to let someone dial in, select their extension, and enter a number to forward to, similar to what Verizon has.

We consider it REALLY BAD to develop ANYTHING that would trigger a reload by a ‘user.’ For this reason, you will find that there will be NO User Portal features that would EVER result in a reload of asterisk. Providing such to be triggered by users (vs. administrators) could be very detrimental to your system. That is one reason that many settings are in, have moved or will move to the Astdb objects. All of the user settable Follow-Me settings, and VmX Locater are two examples as are all the CF, etc. Of course this strict policy may not apply to a ‘private’ home system or other controlled environment.

To address your vbrief1’s request for a web interface, you can either use ARI with version 2.3 or write your own. If you haven’t upgraded to 2.3, you may want to consider it, there are many 2.2 bugs that have only been fixed in 2.3. If you move to 2.3, you also get the benefit of turning it on and off and you get the VmX Locater which you can use in conjunction with Follow Me if you want, all controllable from the ARI.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC FreePBX