Configure incoming call to a trunk to dial a number using another trunk

Hi,

I’ve been using Freepbx for some time but I have never delved into creating dial plans - i usually keep extensions linked to specific devices.

I am trying to route a specific number calling a did in one trunk to be routed to call another number using a different trunk:

when number 1111 calls number 2222 associated to trunk A, Freepbx uses Trunk B to call number 3333

I’ve been looking at inbound routes but I can’t seem to send it directly to a dial plan. What would be the best way to achieve this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

There are a few ways:

• Send it to a Misc Destination and route the inbound call to it. Set up the outbound route so that it handles that outbound number.
  • Set up an extension with the outbound number set as the Find Me.
  • Set up another extension with the call permanently forwarded to the number.

The trick is to set up the outbound route so that calls to that number are always processed through your “preferred” outbound trunk.

1 Like

Thank you for your help.
I am trying to apply your solutions but I’m afraid I am not knowledgeable enough to do it.
In the Misc destination I input the number to be dialed but how do I link it to an outbound route using a specific trunk? All my outbound routes are set individually to each extension (with dial pattern ./001) which is the only dial pattern I actually know…
When creating an extension, what type would it be (custom, SIP, IAX?) and how can I make an incoming call to it be routed though a specific trunk to the outbound number? I see I can specify a specific outbound number but how can i make it use a specific trunk to dial that number?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Put a random long prefix number in front of the number in the number to be dialed in the misc destination.

6627384848NXXNXXXXXX

The make a new outbound route that matches that with the 6627384848 in the prefix field.

Wow, with this simple tricks I will never get around to learn proper dial patterns haha! Simple and effective, works like a charm - many thanks for your help.
I really need to devote some time tom learn all the possibilities freepbx gives.
Thank you for your help.

This is a proper use of dial patterns. That is why the boxes exist on those screens.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.