Configure extension to ring on two phones, extension should ring on line 2 of phone 2

My apologies if this is actually a Polycom question. Our front desk phone is a Polycom VVX 600. Everyone else has a VVX 400 with the capacity for multiple lines. One of our managers wants the front desk extension (10) to ring on his line 2 whenever a call comes in. So his phone display will look like this:

Line 1: 50 (his extension)
Line 2: 10 (front desk)

I’m unable to figure out how to set this up properly within FreePBX. Inbound Route? Custom extension with his MAC address? I see an area for configuring individual lines in the Polycom’s web interface, but that doesn’t feel right. What am I overlooking?

You need to provide a little more info. Are you trying to get all calls, both internal and external, that ring on extension 10 to also ring on extension 40? If you are using CHAN_PJSIP driver, you can register more than one device on a single extension. That could be your first choice and this would include both internal and external calls. If you are using CHAN_SIP, you can’t do that, so you could create a ring group and point your inbound route to that ring group, but this choice would only take care of external calls, assuming your current inbound route is destined to extension 10.

Correct. In a perfect world, we’d like all calls internal/external going to extension 10 to ring on the manager’s line 2. We are using CHAN_SIP.

The way it works now is like this: Caller calls; IVR picks up; caller presses 0 to speak with receptionist; that keypress routes the call to extension 10; receptionist picks up. If she doesn’t, call goes to voicemail.

In the case of the extension ringing on the manager’s phone, external calls are more important. I figured a ring group would be involved, but the manager would rather the call not ring on his line 1, in case he’s on another call.