Isn’t that for when you use Sangomas servers to auto provision? in any case those buttons are not shown.
A month ago I was only playing with this as a test installation and I didnt have this problem. Had several others but this wasn’t one.
Now that I am trying to make this work for real this has happened.
I can say that this system has no connection to the outside world yet. It’s isolated while I put it together. Could this isolation be related?
I am pretty certain didn’t do that the last time I did this. I had to enter the mac address of the phone into FreePBX and it worked from there.
As I understood it, the provisioning server setting in the phone was optional and just created a way for the phone to auto configure when it gets plugged in. Updating “manually” from FreePBX GUI Endpoint manager would work whether that was configured or not.
But I gotta tell ya, writing that out just now makes me doubt myself. Unless Endpoint manager made a broadcast trying to resolve the mac address to an ip, how would it ever know what IP to use…?
I can say for certain that I have NEVER seen the login buttons. I assumed that was just when you use Sangoma server which I would prefer not to use.
How certain are you that that field is mandatory? Dead sure? Pretty sure?
Like I said, I’m pretty darn sure I didn’t set that field last time. I know for certain I didn’t set option 66 last time. I did have the system manager suite add on installed though. maybe that makes a difference?
If your Sangoma phones are up to date firmware wise you can use the new built in “UPnP Server” that broadcasts to the phones when you boot them. Your “Server Name” will appear on the screen of the phone and you can select OK to program it to that server. This is a newer feature from what I have seen (last 6 months on PBXact).
If you see those login buttons that at LEAST means you should be getting your global provision files but there was no MAC address matched entry in Endpoint Manager.
You can confirm this by just logging into the phone. Click Login - type in the extension and the vmail password then see if it logs in and programs. If so you know communication to the server at least works. I would check your setup in Global Settings for EPM and confirm your internal, external and provision server are all set correctly.
Oh. . . choose ONE of those… Whew. I thought those were 4 steps to a single process !
I will look at them again tonight. I got so burned out failing that I needed to step away and have some success on other things for awhile.