Conferences not working

I seem to have a problem with conferences not working. It just keeps saying, “That is not a valid conference number.” I think I’ve narrowed it down, but don’t know what to do. I don’t actually have any zaptel hardware. If I am correct, the ztdummy module is supposed to handle the timing. I seem to be missing ztdummy.

[root@asterisk1 ~]# modprobe zaptel
FATAL: Module zaptel not found.
[root@asterisk1 ~]# modprobe ztdummy
FATAL: Module ztdummy not found.
[root@asterisk1 ~]#

How can I get ztdummy installed?

Thanks,
Jeff

you need to build zaptel so you can get ztdummy and get it installed.

how exactly would I do that? I don’t have much experience with things like that. This was originally an install from iso of trixbox, I would have thought everything would be done that was needed. I never really worried about the conferences not working because I didn’t need them at the time, guess I should have just dealt with it then.

ztdummy is included and already compiled in the trixbox distro. So you just need to install zaptel and zaptel-modules and possibly oslec-modules if using the later 2.2 (>=2.2.10) or 2.4 builds.

This is covered several times over on the trixbox forums if you just search for ztdummy.

This is a trixbox install and some info for things you provided don’t look correct.

What versions do you have installed of everything and how did you get to your current settings: zaptel, asterisk, trixbox (you can find this at /etc/trixbox/trixbox-version), and running kernel (uname -a will get you this).

in trixbox land
zaptel 1.2.x drivers go with asterisk 1.2.x which is for 2.6.9-34.0.2.EL
zaptel 1.4.x drivers go with Asterisk 1.4.x which is for 2.6.

trixbox 2.4 uses 1.4.x versions, previous versions of trixbox use 1.2.x versions. To get a 1.4.x version you should have rebuilt the system using the ISO as there is not a upgrade path from trixbox 2.2 to 2.4 for a good reason. The underlying OS CentOS changes from CentOS 4.x in > trixbox 2.4 (aka 2.2.x) and CentOS 5 is used in trixbox 2.4 going forward.

Can it be done, I’m guessing sure, is it supported by trixbox, no not that I can find and I’ll bet for very good reasons as they are compiled for specific kernels.

I’m guessing this was a trixbox 2.2 (because you have that somehow was forced to load the asterisk and zaptel drivers for 1.4 via yum you can find the rpm’s for them at /var/cache/yum/trixbox/packages. The big issue is that asterisk and zaptel were compiled for a newer kernel then what you have so the ztdummy you are looking for will probably not load because of a kernel version issue.

type locate ztdummy

the output should be /var/lib/{kernel version number here}/extra/ztdummy.ko and I’ll bet that the version number is shows does not match the version you are running. which is the major issue.

If by chance you are lucky…

The rpm you have installed for 1.4 should be located here: /var/cache/yum/trixbox/packages/ or here /var/cache/yum/trixboxbeta/packages/ so check and see if it is there.

If so do a rpm -ivh --force {rpm name here} will force a install of it even if it is already installed.

According to yum, zaptel is installed.

Installed Packages
zaptel.i686 1.4.3-2 installed
zaptel-modules-2.6.9-34.0.2.EL.i686 1.4.3-2 installed
Available Packages
zaptel.i686 1.2.22.1-1 trixbox
zaptel-devel.i686 1.2.22.1-1 trixbox
zaptel-modules.i686 1.2.22.1-1.2.6.9_34.0. trixbox

Is it possible to re-install them without removing them? If I try removing them, because asterisk has zaptel as a dependency it wants to remove asterisk as well.

check to make sure you have the OELC packages installed

This was happening to me until I reran genzaptel. I’m using PBIAF. This cured it.

I’m assuming you mean genzaptelconf as that’s the only thing I can find. Here’s what I get when I run that.

[root@asterisk1 ~]# genzaptelconf

STOPPING ASTERISK
Asterisk Stopped

STOPPING FOP SERVER
FOP Server Stopped
Generating '/etc/zaptel.conf’
Generating '/etc/asterisk/zapata-auto.conf’
Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device ‘/dev/zap/ctl’

1 error(s) detected

Unloading zaptel hardware drivers:.
Loading zaptel framework: FATAL: Module zaptel not found.
[FAILED]
Waiting for zap to come online…Error: missing /dev/zap!

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
chown: cannot dereference /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf.rej': No such file or directory chown: cannot dereference/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf.ADHOC’: No such file or directory
chown: cannot dereference /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf.FIXES': No such file or directory chown: cannot dereference/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf.orig’: No such file or directory
Permissions OK

STARTING ASTERISK
Asterisk Started

STARTING FOP SERVER
FOP Server Started
Chan Extension Context Language MOH Interpret
pseudo from-zaptel en default
Verbosity is at least 3

As far as OELC, I’m not sure what you’re talking about. here is what yum shows on that.

[root@asterisk1 ~]# yum search oelc
Loading “fastestmirror” plugin
Searching Packages:
Setting up repositories
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Reading repository metadata in from local files
No Matches found

I am running Trixbox v2.2.4 with FreePBX v2.4.0 I originally installed from an ISO, don’t remember for sure what version. I do updates through the module admin first then yum update afterwards. I just found the source for zaptel on the hd and just re-compiled it. (make, make install, make config) and it seems to be loading zaptel now though I have not had a chance to try the conferences yet.

Jeff