Conferences & BLF

Hey there,
I’m trying to get BLF and conferences working.
Optimal outcome:
0 members in the Conference: BLF Green
1< members in the conference: BLF Red

I’m using Snom phones, in case that’s relevant. On my phones, BLF is configured to be green when the extension is idle (AVAILABLE, I-Am-Ready, I-Am-Almost-Ready).

How do I go about that? I’ve found the feature code “*87”, which didn’t do anything for me. Monitoring 401 as BLF also does absolutly nothing.
Did I just miss a thing or is there something more to be configured?

FreePBX generates a hint for each conference room, you shouldn’t need to do anything more than create a BLF button with the conf room number.

When there are one or more callers in conf 85002:

lorne14-pro*CLI> core show hint 85002
85002@ext-meetme    : confbridge:85002      State:InUse           Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
1 hint matching extension 85002

And when there is nobody in the conf room:

lorne14-pro*CLI> core show hint 85002
85002@ext-meetme    : confbridge:85002      State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
1 hint matching extension 85002

I believe, my phone is acting weird (=isn’t properly configured), then. I checked the output of that command and it’s detecting the state just fine. Thank you!

In case you are experienced with phone configuration aswell, this is my current blf configuration:

led_on=idle ON BUSY IN_A_CALL CALLING IN_A_MEETING URGENT_INTERRUPTIONS_ONLY DND UNAVAILABLE ACTIVE INACTIVE BE_RIGHT_BACK AWAY SEIZED CONNECTED ON_HOLD OFFHOOK RINGBACK I-Am-Ready AVAILABLE I-Am-Busy PhoneHasCall PhoneHasMissedCalls
led_blink_slow=PARKED HOLDING I-Am-Almost-Ready PhoneHasCallInStateHolding held_local held_remote KeyConfigActive
led_blink_medium=RECORDING MESSAGE DateOngoing DateReminding
led_blink_fast=RINGING PICKUP PhoneHasCallInStateRinging alerting_local alerting_remote
led_red=BUSY DND_ALL DND_SELF I-Am-Busy IN_A_CALL IN_A_MEETING URGENT_INTERRUPTIONS_ONLY UNAVAILABLE seized_remote alerting_remote active_remote held_remote
led_green=idle AVAILABLE  I-Am-Ready I-Am-Almost-Ready
led_orange=AWAY INACTIVE BE_RIGHT_BACK KeyConfigActive
led_blue=
led_red_green=
led_red_orange=
led_green_orange=

I believe to have made a mistake there. The tags unfortunatly don’t correspond with the states Asterisk is providing - or I’m just not getting how they work. The latter of which is very much possible :smiley:

Looks like you are missing the “InUse”.
That is why it is not changing.

You have idle but not “InUse”.

Actually, I was missing a reboot… My phone wasn’t properly subscribed to the blfs, a reboot fixed it. It’s working fine now on all our phones. Thanks to both of you for helping me out!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.