Conferences & BLF

configuration
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fafce5ff340>

Hey there,
I’m trying to get BLF and conferences working.
Optimal outcome:
0 members in the Conference: BLF Green
1< members in the conference: BLF Red

I’m using Snom phones, in case that’s relevant. On my phones, BLF is configured to be green when the extension is idle (AVAILABLE, I-Am-Ready, I-Am-Almost-Ready).

How do I go about that? I’ve found the feature code “*87”, which didn’t do anything for me. Monitoring 401 as BLF also does absolutly nothing.
Did I just miss a thing or is there something more to be configured?

(Lorne Gaetz) #2

FreePBX generates a hint for each conference room, you shouldn’t need to do anything more than create a BLF button with the conf room number.

When there are one or more callers in conf 85002:

lorne14-pro*CLI> core show hint 85002
85002@ext-meetme    : confbridge:85002      State:InUse           Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
1 hint matching extension 85002

And when there is nobody in the conf room:

lorne14-pro*CLI> core show hint 85002
85002@ext-meetme    : confbridge:85002      State:Idle            Presence:not_set         Watchers  0
1 hint matching extension 85002

I believe, my phone is acting weird (=isn’t properly configured), then. I checked the output of that command and it’s detecting the state just fine. Thank you!

In case you are experienced with phone configuration aswell, this is my current blf configuration:

led_on=idle ON BUSY IN_A_CALL CALLING IN_A_MEETING URGENT_INTERRUPTIONS_ONLY DND UNAVAILABLE ACTIVE INACTIVE BE_RIGHT_BACK AWAY SEIZED CONNECTED ON_HOLD OFFHOOK RINGBACK I-Am-Ready AVAILABLE I-Am-Busy PhoneHasCall PhoneHasMissedCalls
led_blink_slow=PARKED HOLDING I-Am-Almost-Ready PhoneHasCallInStateHolding held_local held_remote KeyConfigActive
led_blink_medium=RECORDING MESSAGE DateOngoing DateReminding
led_blink_fast=RINGING PICKUP PhoneHasCallInStateRinging alerting_local alerting_remote
led_red=BUSY DND_ALL DND_SELF I-Am-Busy IN_A_CALL IN_A_MEETING URGENT_INTERRUPTIONS_ONLY UNAVAILABLE seized_remote alerting_remote active_remote held_remote
led_green=idle AVAILABLE  I-Am-Ready I-Am-Almost-Ready
led_orange=AWAY INACTIVE BE_RIGHT_BACK KeyConfigActive
led_blue=
led_red_green=
led_red_orange=
led_green_orange=

I believe to have made a mistake there. The tags unfortunatly don’t correspond with the states Asterisk is providing - or I’m just not getting how they work. The latter of which is very much possible :smiley:

(Alejandro) #4

Looks like you are missing the “InUse”.
That is why it is not changing.

You have idle but not “InUse”.

Actually, I was missing a reboot… My phone wasn’t properly subscribed to the blfs, a reboot fixed it. It’s working fine now on all our phones. Thanks to both of you for helping me out!