Conference Calls Hang Up Immediately

About a month or so ago, we had trouble with our zap configuration. We had to reconfigure and recompile zap. since that time, conferences hang up immediately when we dial into them. This happens before the point of putting in a pin. I read another post stating this might be a sound problem, but have had no luck tracking it down. While we have had trixbox for over a year, I am a very light user. Our config is internal voip and then it interfaces with sangoma cards to convert to analog for outbound and inbound routing. All other functions seem to be fine. We are on v 2.5.2.2. I have uninstalled conferences and reinstalled. I have even upgraded to the current version we have to try to resolve it. Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the Asterisk log file at /var/log/asterisk/full <= that can be a huge text file in the MBytes. You may have to do quite a bit of searching through it to find out what’s happening.

can you point me to the right log. Again, am really still a newbie with this box.

Seems it was tied to the 2.4 to 2.5 upgrade we did during our maintenance.
anyway, here is what fixed it that I found on another post:
I copied /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/conf-getpin.gsm to /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/enter-conf-pin-number.gsm and now asks for a PIN and gives us a conference.
This followed with a reboot and we are back to 100%.
thanks for the suggestion on the log. It was the key to finding this solution.

You need to run “dahdi show channels” and make sure you have a configured timing source.

Even if you do not have dedicated TDM cards you still need a timing reference.

Same problem here, problem for Conference with Outbound(using Invite). Once the called party pick up the call, it hangup immediately. Below are the log.

But for Inbound (outside party calling into Conference), everything is fine.

Any anyone please advise??

– Called 6030
– SIP/6030-00000006 is ringing
– SIP/6030-00000006 answered Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf’: == Found
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/meetme_additional.conf’: == Found
– Executing [h@macro-dial:1] Macro(“Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2”, “hangupcall”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:1] GotoIf(“Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2”, “1?noautomon”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,3)
– Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:3] NoOp(“Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2”, “TOUCH_MONITOR_OUTPUT=”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:4] GotoIf(“Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2”, “1?skiprg”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,7)
– Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:7] GotoIf(“Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2”, “1?skipblkvm”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,10)
– Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:10] GotoIf(“Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2”, “1?theend”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,12)
– Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:12] Hangup(“Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 12) exited non-zero on ‘Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2’ in macro ‘hangupcall’
== Spawn extension (macro-dial, s, 7) exited non-zero on ‘Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2’ in macro ‘dial’
== Spawn extension (macro-exten-vm, s, 9) exited non-zero on ‘Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2’ in macro ‘exten-vm’
== Spawn extension (from-internal, 6030, 1) exited non-zero on ‘Local/6030@from-internal-f4fd;2’
– Remote UNIX connection
– Remote UNIX connection disconnected