Conference call with cisco 8961 or 9971

I think if you set <ringSettingIdle> to 5 you should get the “toast” to display when the phone is idle.

I get the toast when I’m already on a call, but not when the phone is idle. My settings are currently set as follows:

<ringSettingIdle>4</ringSettingIdle>
<ringSettingActive>5</ringSettingActive>

Interestingly if I have pressed the ‘Hide Video’ button when I’m on a call, the main call window/bubble minimises as expected but the ‘toast’ no longer appears when a new call then comes in, even though the phone is “Active”. In this situation I simply see the incoming call notification/CID against the right hand call status buttons. Perhaps that is by design…

To really show off the capability of the 9971 hardware, hookup the Cisco camera and get 2-way video calling working. It’s really quite cool.

That is going to be my next project. Right now I only have the 1 camera, and I need to get this patch working correctly. I think I have it installed correctly and I have gone through your other docs(which are great by the way). The conference and Transfer calls works like a champ but I don’t think the call presence is working. I have one 9971 and 1 8961. I was thinking that once this was installed if one phone was on the phone it would display that on the other phone. for example customer call into office and receptionist answer. Salesman B in currently on the phone talking with another client. The receptionist is able to see that Salesman B is on the phone without having to transfer to see. Is that possible?

Thanks

chris

Yes that should work fine. With one primary line on the phone it is possible to assign the other five speed dial buttons on the left hand side to extensions you wish to monitor and then use code as such as below, in the <sipLines> section of your phone configuration XML file:

<line  button="2">
        <featureID>21</featureID>
	<featureLabel>Someone</featureLabel>
	<speedDialNumber>180</speedDialNumber>
	<featureOptionMask>1</featureOptionMask>
</line>

The important thing is to have set <featureOptionMask>1</featureOptionMask> otherwise the speed dial button, button 2 in this case, will not subscribe to the asterisk hint, i.e. for extension 180.

I have set these speed dial buttons to variously subscribe to various asterisk hints including;

• meet-me conference rooms, so it’s visible when people have dialled in to your conference number
  • customised DND number plan so that I have visual indication (red LED lamp on/ animation on screen) on my phone when I have activated DND. See tip 10. on my how to.
  • call park, so the hint is activated when a call is placed into the park. Press the button to retrieve the call

By the way how did you get on with the “toast” settings?

Hi guys,started to setup a 9971 and have most functions working. Running Asterisk 1.8.7 and applied the patches ( i assume correctly). I have been using Jitsi Softphones to test Video and have 2 way video using H264 working correctly between 2 softphones. When i try with the 9971, i receive video on the phone, but the phone isnt sending any video. Im not sure if its something in the config that needs to be changed or maybe something i didnt do correctly when applying the patch. Was just looking to see if someone could point me in the right direction. The camera on the 9971 works when i push the selfview button, so i know thats working. Thanks.