Conference Bridge Muting Participants

Hello,
I’m getting lots of complaints from users that the conference bridge is muting callers without warning, it happens 4 or 5 times in an hour long conference. From what I can tell, it’s only cell phone callers coming in on the PRI into a Sangoma 2 port card.
When it happens, the caller can press 1 and unmute themselves. If i had to guess I would say that they are hitting the frequencies just right to cause the sever to think it is the 1 DTMF but that seems unrealistic.
I haven’t been able to find a way to disable the mute option in the conference bridges. Any ideas?

Asterisk Ver. 11.19.0
PBX Firmware: 6.12.65-30
Conferences 12.0.22
App Confbridge

Same issue here. Two separate installs reporting this. No one near the keypads, but the muting announcement plays with no instructions to unmute. They report it seems to happen about once every 15 minutes. Glad to know we’re not the only ones seeing this.

I’m desperate enough that I might try changing to app meetme to see if it stops the horror but I still don’t have a resolution.
And I don’t know if the rest apps will work with meetme which would be bad.
Addison

I finally got a chance to change to app_meetme and it does not have the function to press 1 and get the muted or unmated recording. I have several conference calls tomorrow so I will see how they go.
Haven’t been able to test the conference rest app with meetme but hopefully they will work.

Or switch to “app_conference” and set “Allow Menu” to “No”