ConfBridge & video

Hello Everyone,

I recently updated my distro & noticed that confbridge now has basic video support.
I have set confbridge to be the default conferencing app & audio conferences work ok, but I can’t seem to get video to work.

Has anyone tried this yet? If so, would love to hear how you did it.

Regards,
Josh

It’s not what you think it is. To my knowledge an Open Source MCU does not exist.

My definition of an MCU is a device that terminates multiple video streams and combines them into a single frame. This is often referred to as “Hollywood Squares” style conference where the speaking party is in the center position.

Asterisk video support is limited to one to many streaming, the “active” party has presence and that is the video that is streamed to all conference participants.

What I have yet to figure out is how to manage the talking party selection from dial plan.

Here is what the Asterisk documentation has to say about it:

Here is a link to the Asterisk wiki post:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/ConfBridge+10

Thanks for the quick reply.

I know its basic, but the follow talker option is all we really need at the moment.

I have read everything I can find on confbridge, including the page you linked to, but discussion on the video aspect of confbridge seems to be very limited so far.

We noticed by accident that it seems to work to some degree with paging groups (it shows a random video feed) but with a normal conference, there is no video stream at all. From what I can tell, it doesn’t appear to be “marking” any users.

Regards,
Josh