Communicate to the extension by ip address

/* I am using asterisk
1.8.20.1 with distro 3.211 and centos 6.3
I was reading the archives and curious how to communicate to extension by ip address?
I am in the process of provisioning my phone if there are any good links please let me know.
When i try to boot my polycom 321 it errors “unable to connect to boot server using existing config”. The phone is used and some config files may have been changed ? I am a little unsure if i should use ftp or tptp under setting of phone device
I tried to install ftp on centos 6.3 but fails.
Tftp is installed correctly. final question before i bug you all
i am just a little confused if a service is required for free pbx to work such as (vonage, google voice, or broadvoice.
in addition i have my phone pluged into a hub then connected to xfinity router, as follows */

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:xx:xx:A2:xx:xx inet addr:10.0.0.x Bcast:10.0.0.xxx Mask:255.255.255.0 inet6 addr: xxxx::213:xxxx:fea2:be83/64 Scope:Link UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:6008 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:2202 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:206 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:1405389 (1.3 MiB) TX bytes:217260 (212.1 KiB) Interrupt:20 Base address:0xe000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:xxx.0.0.x Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:197 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:197 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:16552 (16.1 KiB) TX bytes:16552 (16.1 KiB)

when i check for updates in End Point Configuration Manager
I receive the following output
after clicking the update for plycom

Downloading Brand JSON…Done!
Downloading Brand Package…
Done!
Can’t Find Downloaded File!

should i use inet addr:10.0.0.x Bcast:10.0.0.xxx or Loopback inet address when the phone's set up ask for boot server address thanks
//any suggestions appreciated

Again you refuse to read any manuals, obfuscation of your loopback, your internal network address and your MAC addresses are proof how far you are away from a full-deck. . .

Read how Polycoms can be set to choose their provisioning server i.e. tftp,tft,http or https. If you choose tftp which works OOTB with the FreePBX and most other distros, then debug your tftp server by adding -vv to your server options in the config file. Understand why you are using SIP. Actually please start to understand everything . . .

If you want someone to come over and read you the manuals as your good-night story, then unfortunately that’s not going to happen.