Commercial EPM - Custom Devices?

Hello.

Is there any way for us to add in our own custom templates for unsupported devices to the commercial endpoint manager? We have built custom templates in the past for the OSS version to support devices like the Adtran TA900 series or Cisco VG224 analog gateways and would like to be able to do the same now that we’ve mostly switched to the commercial EPM (which is definitely a lot nicer to use for supported devices).

If this is not an option, is there any way we can submit templates for inclusion?

If neither of these are options, any alternative options you can recommend for simplifying management of configs for these unsupported devices? Should we just use the OSS option in the future for these sites?

No.

No.

What you can do is open a commercial product feature request, but in this case it requires coordination with the endpoint manufacturer. You can also ask the manufacturer to have them added to EPM.

What you can do is open a commercial product feature request, but in this case it requires coordination with the endpoint manufacturer. You can also ask the manufacturer to have them added to EPM.

So for my scenario, there’s no option to do anything?

Cisco is almost certainly not going to work with you to support a device they end-of-lifed years ago, and Adtran doesn’t seem to even care about automated provisioning on TA900s in the first place.

I totally get not necessarily wanting to distribute community-sourced templates for the commercial EPM for support reasons (and because some of the ones contributed to the OSS EPM have been somewhat wonky), but it is definitely a significant regression to not be able to add our own custom templates to our own systems.

Is this a hard-set policy that you will never support custom device templates in the commercial EPM or is it something I should open a feature request for and see if it gathers support?

Yes. There is no way to provision devices that are not explicitly supported.

Yes. There is no way to provision devices that are not explicitly supported.

What I mean by this is:

Is this a “there is no way to do this currently because we haven’t seen sufficient demand from customers to implement such a thing”

or is it a “there will never be a way to do this because we don’t want to support it”

If the former, I will talk to my boss about making a sponsor offer on a feature request as I see is an option.

If the latter, can you speak to the reasoning?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.