Codec debugging

Hello everyone!

I have one of these:

So I reckon I (we?) can get it to run a video call when a visitor presses the button.

If I can get a working configuration, I can post it back to the ipcamtalk forums to help other people, which would be nice.

Thanks to people helping on my other recent post, I have it setup now so that:

1. When they press the button, the camera dials “ManageCenter”, a SIP alias connected to extension 19, registered via zoiper on my phone.

2. The call works, I can answer and I can hear the visitor.

3. The visitor cannot hear me.

4. I don’t see a video feed.

Can asterisk tell me if the camera is trying to send audio, and if so, what codec it’s using?

Can asterisk tell me if the camera is trying to send video, and if so, what codec it’s using?

Likewise, can asterisk tell me if it’s trying to send audio and/or video to the zioper software, and if so, what codecs it’s trying to send?

I guess what I’m asking is how can I get better visibility into what asterisk is doing.

Thanks!

Check the Asterisk log (freePBX GUI)…

If you check Asterisk SIP settings that will give you enabled CODECs and I don’t think video codecs are enabled be default. You can also enable on a per extension basis.

Also double check Zoiper, if you are using the free version it might not support video.

I believe the camera’s user manual provides you with all the information you need to set the camera up to properly communicate with Asterisk/FreePBX. The video CODEC is h.264 and the audio CODEC is ulaw. I sent you an email as well.

See the manual here: Hikvision DS-KB8113-IME1 User Manual Page: 1

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.