Cluster of freePBX with central database

Good Afternoon

Currently I have a two server - both are running CentOS 6.4 x64. I have used the freePBX script to convert one of the servers from plain CentOS to a freePBX system (Asterisk 1.8.21.0, freePBX 2.11.0.0rc1.8). This is my first dialer while the other is a dedicated database server. The plan is to add more dialers as time progresses and the number of agents increases.
I want to basically change the database from localhost to the dedicated database server. I have dumped the databases from the dialer and restored it on the db server. I understand that each dialer must have a dedicated database which holds its settings, e.g. database asterisk on a vanialla freePBX. Also each dialer must have the freePBX web server running in order to provide the config files.
What is the correct way of changing the database parameters in /etc/amportal? It reads to not manually change the file as it will be overridden by the GUI. I see the database settings are listed under “CATEGORY: Bootstrapped or Legacy Settings”. But where do I find this in the web interface?
What about the asteriskcdrdb table? Can I have multiple freePBX dialers write CDR records to the same database?

Help is much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Christoph

Those settings that say they are auto generated are in Advanced settings GUI now I believe. Enable hidden settings. You also need to edit /etc/asterisk/manager.conf if you want to cluster asterisk db and /etc/asterisk/cdr_mysql.conf if you want to cluster CDR DB and are not using ODBC.

I haven’t done it but the FreePBX part looks relatively easy to do. It’s the MySQL clustering part where most of the complexity appears to be.

Thanks, I have managed to move the database off the dialer to the dedicated db server. I had to edit /etc/freepbx.conf as the changes in amportal.conf would not make a difference. I am not going as far as centralising the Asterisk DB.
I have also changed cdr_mysql.conf to point to the db server. Preferably I would want to have all CDR in one table. I have restored the asteriskcdrdb on my db server. Once I start adding additional dialers, each dialer will have a separate asterisk db. What about the CDR? Can I have all dialers write into the same CDR db though?