Clicking Apply Config Cause Freezes

Hello,

I just migrated our FreePBX to a much larger server as I had finished testing everything (i was using a old spare computer while i weighted for approval on our new server hardware). What I did was create a backup in our old server and copied it over to our new one and did a restore.

This did work and all the extensions and config files pulled over (there are a few missing audio files, but i can snag them from the other server). Though now when you make a change in the FreePBX GUI and then click the “Apply Config” you get this message:

[code]Error: Did not receive valid response from server

XHR response code: 0 XHR responseText: undefined jQuery status: timeout[/code]

Then FreePBX seems to freeze. Though it’s not really a freeze, since you can go to another computer and the GUI works, it just stops function on the computer that hit apply config. You can fix it by restarting apache and to make the config take hold you can reload asterisk but the apply button will still show until restart the computer.

Also you can leave it alone for like 30minutes and it unfreezes and the Apply button is gone too.

Any ideas?

I really wouldn’t call it large, I would call it medium size. There is about 50 extensions and 2 sip trunks.

As for DNS, are you talking about bind or the dns client. I have not done anything with bind, but i do have 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 configured in the dns client.

Is the new server running the same version of FreePBX as the old server. You can’t restore backups between versions.

It should have been the same version. I used the same install CD and before I did the restore, i made sure everything was all up to date via yum and the Module Admin

Is this a large deployment? Do you have DNS configured?

So you can resolve URLs from the command line? When you watch Asterisk console during the reload do the lines dribble out about 3 seconds apart?

Yes i can resolve URLs I can do
nslookup google.com

and it will report back just fine. with the 8 or so IPs that google has.

When i click the apply config asterisk doesn’t even do anything for like 15-30 minutes after the fact. When it does start spill out the reload, it goes by super fast.

It’s almost like there is a some hang up or slow down in apache, php, or mysql’s execution of the command.

I finally also got a error that wasn’t the JQuery timeout error after 5minutes of the apply processing. Here is the error

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1
found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping
Added to globals: ASTETCDIR = /etc/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTMODDIR = /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
Added to globals: ASTVARLIBDIR = /var/lib/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTAGIDIR = /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
Added to globals: ASTSPOOLDIR = /var/spool/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTRUNDIR = /var/run/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTLOGDIR = /var/log/asterisk
Added to globals: CWINUSEBUSY = true
Added to globals: AMPMGRUSER = **************
Added to globals: AMPMGRPASS = **************
Added to globals: AMPDBENGINE = mysql
Added to globals: AMPDBHOST = localhost
Added to globals: AMPDBNAME = asterisk
Added to globals: AMPDBUSER = freepbxuser
Added to globals: AMPDBPASS = **************
Added to globals: VMX_CONTEXT = from-internal
Added to globals: VMX_PRI = 1
Added to globals: VMX_TIMEDEST_CONTEXT =
Added to globals: VMX_TIMEDEST_EXT = dovm
Added to globals: VMX_TIMEDEST_PRI = 1
Added to globals: VMX_LOOPDEST_CONTEXT =
Added to globals: VMX_LOOPDEST_EXT = dovm
Added to globals: VMX_LOOPDEST_PRI = 1
Added to globals: MIXMON_DIR =
Added to globals: MIXMON_POST =
[FATAL] died in splice ext-did-0002 **********

Trace Back:

/drbd/var/www/html/admin/libraries/extensions.class.php:162 die_freepbx()
[0]: died in splice ext-did-0002 **********

/drbd/var/www/html/admin/modules/fax/functions.inc.php:575 extensions->splice()
[0]: ext-did-0002
[1]: **********
[2]: dest-ext
[3]:

/drbd/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:652 fax_hookGet_config()
[0]: asterisk
1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

So no one has any other ideas?