FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Cisco SPA504G phones not fully configured - not connected to PBXact

configuration
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f74aca01450>

(Open Source Pbx) #1

Hello,

Please forgive any omissions in required/helpful information, as this is my first post to the community.

Our system:

PBXact v 14 using Endpoint Manager

PBX is registered to VoIP service provider and receives incoming calls directed to a voice mail account successfully.

I can ping IP address of each phone connected to network.

The two test phones are showing the correct time and the name of the user assigned to the phone.

Our issue:

Phones have been configured using EPM and assigned extensions.

There are no status lights whatsoever on the phones. There is no line description.

In CLI, sip show peers provides the following:

Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport Comedia ACL Port Status Description
100 (Unspecified) D Yes Yes A 0 UNKNOWN
120 (Unspecified) D Yes Yes A 0 UNKNOWN

Any ideas on what I need to check as to why the phones are not fully communicating/configuring with the PBX? There is partial communication as the phones are displaying the user name.

The only thing left that I can think of is possibly TFTP.

Thank you for your help, in advance.


#2

I know how to configure them manually if you need any help.


(Open Source Pbx) #3

I would appreciate any guidance, even if it includes manual configuration.

Thanks for the offer, arielgrin.


#4

If you want to configure it manually, just log into the phone webpage, go to admin mode and then avanced mode, you go to line 1 and fill in username, password and server IP, that should be all you need.


(Open Source Pbx) #5

The phone display backlight turns on, but nothing changes.


#6

You might need to reset it to factory defaults.


(Open Source Pbx) #7

We have factory reset the phones multiple times.


#8

It might be trying to download a corrupted config file. What happens if you disconenct the LAN cable and just plugin it to electricity


(Open Source Pbx) #9

I do not have power supplies for these, since we plan to use POE for all the phones.

I did find that the spa504g.cfg file is BLANK on the PBX.

Not sure why that is or how to fix it. I’ve tried rebuilding the template for the phone, but the cfg file is still blank.


(Open Source Pbx) #10

I changed the permissions on the config file folder, restarted the PBX, rebuilt the config files for the phone and now there is data in the cfg file… although, I am not sure it is correct.


#11

If I were you, I would first try to configure it manually. If that works, next step would be to try and make autoprovisioning work.


(Open Source Pbx) #12

The problem ended up being how Endpoint Manager is setup in v14. The default settings for the “internal” server did not work, thus causing incorrect cfg and xml files to be created.

Once I added the server IP using the “custom” option for the Destination Address and the Provision Server Address, everything now works perfectly.

This is a change from how things worked in the past.

Thanks for helping!


(system) closed #13

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.