Cisco IP Phones

Hello guys,

i was wondering if any of you knew if the options *11 (logon) and *12(logoff) work on the cisco ip phones?

im thinking of buying one for testing, but if they dont work it wouldnt be a point of buying it…

ive done tests with the Mitel 5340 and i cant make it work…

Thanks in advance… :slight_smile:

That feature is phone independent. It should work fine with the Mitel.

Of course Cisco makes 100’s of different phones, you could not have been more vague in your message.

sorry if my question was vague…

let me explain a bit more…

i have configured a SIP Mitel 5340 phone and i was able to make it register into my server. the thing is, and i could be wrong, it only allows me to use 1 specific user to be setup thru Mitel’s SIP web interface…

if i do *11 on a softphone/Mitel phone, i get "phone xxxx is currently unavailable, good bye"
if i so *12 on a softphone/Mitel phone, i get “an error has occurred, good bye”

i might have something wrongly configured on the PBX…

Is this a bit clearer now?

Regards!!!

*11 and *12 is used in device and user mode.

http://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5242941

Hello,

i was able to configuer the option for logon/logoff on FreePBX…

i needed to set the Device as Adhoc instead of fixed and that seemed to work normally on a Softphone…

now, im working on the Mitel 5340 to make it take those options, because once the phone boots up, i see ENTER USERID and the options *11 and *12 dont seem to work if i get out of that screen…

ill try and get it to work…

ill keep you posted…

Regards!!!

Seems to be that i need to create a SIP device on the pbx and assign it to a user’s ext in order to be able to logon/logofff.

any ideas on how just to configure the phone and make it able to logon/logoff without creating a device for it??

Regards!!!