Cisco 9971 phone configuration working example with setup tips

i have both 8965 9971 and working on elastix perfect, but for a long time im trying to activate A Kem unit ,but unfortunately not succeded ,can anyone help me about how to activate kem unit …

Throw the following lines into your SEP file and add line keys accordingly (9971 KEMs start at line 7, 8961 KEMs start at line 6).

CKEM 36 a6a6664c-b468-c012-ef23-9b8e09a2b5f0

Throw the following lines into your SEP file and add line keys accordingly (9971 KEMs start at line 7, 8961 KEMs start at line 6).

<addOnModules>
<addOnModule  uuid="{c42eaca3-d387-58e7-4f3f-46dfea8b7593}" idx="1">
<deviceType>CKEM</deviceType>
<deviceLine>36</deviceLine>
<loadInformation></loadInformation>
<phoneTemplateId>a6a6664c-b468-c012-ef23-9b8e09a2b5f0</phoneTemplateId>
</addOnModule>
</addOnModules>

Has anyone been able to disable any of the 99XX/89XX buttons? Specifically, I am trying to disable the Conference Call button on the 9971.

Also, has anyone gotten one-touch transfer to work while on a call on 99XX/89XX? Speeddial lines don’t pass DTMF tones - in fact the only softkey to work on call is DND (feature id 130). I tried feature id 4, “transfer”, to no avail.

Has anyone been able to make their 8000 or 9000 series phone use a hostname/domain in the request URI? I want to REGISTER and INVITE to @ so I can have tenants from multiple domains register to my proxy. Unfortunately, if I put the hostname/domain in processNodeName, proxy, or outboundProxy, it resolves the IP and sends “To: @” in the SIP messages.

My last post was formatted since I used tags. Basically, I want the phones to use user@domain in the sip messages but even if I specify the host/domain in the configuration file, the phone sends to user@ip.

Simcity - Thanks for a fantastic tutorial, this has helped me out a lot!
I sent you a PM, could you please send me a copy of your visual voicemail script?

I note my phones seem to be ignoring the
video_imageattr=recv [x=640,y=480,q=0.50]
and using 176x144. How can I resolve this problem? My phones are 9971. With softphone I don’t have any problem.

This solution still working well for you? I just happened to get a Cisco 9971 and want to use it at home for videoconferecing. Setup Raspbx / FreePBX with Google Voice so far but never messed with a call manager like this. The Cisco 9971 is successfully able to grab my .xml files but keeps throwing them out. It looks like I wrote my .xml config right but not sure.

Any new updates on this project or resources? Should I use Google Voice for a phone number? Or something like MagicJack or I have a SIP line through my local provider? I assume GV is best or easiest to work with.

The error message on the phone I am getting on the phone is;
"Error verifying config info"

I used to original .xml code that was posted and updated the following;

ProcessNodeName = freebpx natted IP Address
loadInformation = sip9971.9-3-4-24

also put the following ( I think it is right because I am using natted address);

true

The phone just will not grab that config and register. Anyone have any additonal info? If you want to ping me I am on google talk/hangsout [email protected].

Thank you in advance! I would really like to get this setup a good video conferencing home solution. If i get it working correctly I will recreate an article and steps to reproduce easily.

• Applying Patch ok
  • Blf, call forward, conference calls … etc … all work good (didn’t test video yet)
    BUT the only thing that is driving me mad is the call forward button, everytime i press it it works as it should then, the status of the call forward disappear, and no way to disable it except from the cli … Please helppppp

Hello, I managed to register to my local number on a fritzbox and to my asterisk line by writing USECALLMANAGER in proxy node under the sipLine and the ip of fritzbox / asterisk in processNodeName . The problem is that I can not register the two lines simultaneously as I can just write one ip on processNodeName and the fritzbox and asterisk have different local Ips, anyone know a workaround to connect two SIP lines simultaneously which host has different ip?

I’m not sure if this will help, but I have always looked with horror at such a huge bunch of tags and codes of the config files for cisco and started an interface to try to simplify the process:

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

Hello,

I hope that this is the right profession for my concern.

I’ve connected an Cisco 9971 with newest SIP-FW to an Asterisk PBX Server.
It all worked very well, but I want customize my SoftKey Buttons.

In my SEPMAC.cnf.xml on the TFTP are the following options:
<softKeyControl>1</softKeyControl> <softKeyFile>softkey.xml</softKeyFile>

The Softkey.xml has the following entrys

<softKeyCfg>
<versionStamp>0200d4f8-e302-4315-b91e-9490e0b37fc5</versionStamp>
<typeSoftKey>
<softKeyDef keyID="Undefined">
<tag>0</tag>
<eventID>0</eventID>
<helpID>0</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Redial">
<tag>1</tag>
<eventID>1</eventID>
<helpID>301</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="NewCall">
<tag>2</tag>
<eventID>2</eventID>
<helpID>302</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Hold">
<tag>3</tag>
<eventID>3</eventID>
<helpID>303</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Transfer">
<tag>4</tag>
<eventID>4</eventID>
<helpID>304</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="CFwdAll">
<tag>5</tag>
<eventID>5</eventID>
<helpID>305</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="&lt;&lt;">
<tag>8</tag>
<eventID>8</eventID>
<helpID>308</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="EndCall">
<tag>9</tag>
<eventID>9</eventID>
<helpID>309</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Resume">
<tag>10</tag>
<eventID>10</eventID>
<helpID>310</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Answer">
<tag>11</tag>
<eventID>11</eventID>
<helpID>311</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Confrn">
<tag>13</tag>
<eventID>13</eventID>
<helpID>313</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Park">
<tag>14</tag>
<eventID>14</eventID>
<helpID>314</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Join">
<tag>15</tag>
<eventID>15</eventID>
<helpID>315</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="MeetMe">
<tag>16</tag>
<eventID>16</eventID>
<helpID>316</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="PickUp">
<tag>17</tag>
<eventID>17</eventID>
<helpID>317</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="GPickUp">
<tag>18</tag>
<eventID>18</eventID>
<helpID>318</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="RmLstC">
<tag>57</tag>
<eventID>19</eventID>
<helpID>319</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="DND">
<tag>63</tag>
<eventID>69</eventID>
<helpID>369</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="CallBack">
<tag>65</tag>
<eventID>20</eventID>
<helpID>320</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="QRT">
<tag>75</tag>
<eventID>22</eventID>
<helpID>322</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="MCID">
<tag>76</tag>
<eventID>27</eventID>
<helpID>327</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Select">
<tag>78</tag>
<eventID>29</eventID>
<helpID>329</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="ConfList">
<tag>79</tag>
<eventID>30</eventID>
<helpID>330</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="iDivert">
<tag>80</tag>
<eventID>31</eventID>
<helpID>331</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="OPickUp">
<tag>91</tag>
<eventID>34</eventID>
<helpID>334</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="HLog">
<tag>92</tag>
<eventID>35</eventID>
<helpID>335</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="AbbrDial">
<tag>7740</tag>
<eventID>71</eventID>
<helpID>371</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
<softKeyDef keyID="Record">
<tag>7747</tag>
<eventID>74</eventID>
<helpID>374</helpID>
</softKeyDef>
</typeSoftKey>
<softKeySets>
<softKeySet id="On Hook">
<softKey keyID="Redial" />
<softKey keyID="NewCall" />
<softKey keyID="DND" />
<softKey keyID="CFwdAll" />
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="Off Hook">
<softKey keyID="EndCall" />
<softKey keyID="PickUp" />
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="Off Hook With Feature">
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="Digits After First">
<softKey keyID="&lt;&lt;" />
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="Ring Out">
<softKey keyID="Undefined" />
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="Connected">
<softKey keyID="Hold" />
<softKey keyID="Transfer" />
<softKey keyID="Confrn" />
<softKey keyID="ConfList" />
<softKey keyID="Park" />
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="Connected No Feature">
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="Connected Transfer">
<softKey keyID="Transfer" />
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="Connected Conference">
<softKey keyID="Confrn" />
<softKey keyID="ConfList" />
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="On Hold">
<softKey keyID="Resume" />
<softKey keyID="NewCall" />
</softKeySet>
<softKeySet id="Ring In">
<softKey keyID="Answer" />
<softKey keyID="iDivert" />
</softKeySet>
</softKeySets>
</softKeyCfg>

But it will not apply to the phone.

It seems like the Phone don’t know the options:
“softKeyControl” and “softKeyFile” in the sepMAC.cnf.xml !

I’ve dumped the messages log over the WEBIF from the phone and there are many warnings:

5568 WRN 18:27:22.108378 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=181] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'missedCallLoggingOption' in element '/device'
5569 WRN 18:27:22.117025 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=192] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'enableMuteFeature' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5570 WRN 18:27:22.118905 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=198] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'videoRtcp' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5571 WRN 18:27:22.122112 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=211] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'btpbap' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5572 WRN 18:27:22.122891 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=212] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'bthfu' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5573 WRN 18:27:22.125609 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=218] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'joinAndDirectTransferPolicy' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5574 WRN 18:27:22.126946 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=219] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'minimumRingVolume' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5575 WRN 18:27:22.128146 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=222] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'kemOneColumn' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5576 WRN 18:27:22.129137 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=224] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'softKeyControl' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5577 WRN 18:27:22.132035 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=239] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'daysBacklightNotActive' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5578 WRN 18:27:22.132843 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=240] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'backlightOnTime' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5579 WRN 18:27:22.133767 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=241] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'backlightOnDuration' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5580 WRN 18:27:22.134582 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=242] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'backlightIdleTimeout' in element '/device/vendorConfig'
5581 WRN 18:27:22.135397 CVM-xml.LogWarning: [thread=configmgr MQThread][class=cip.xml.ad][line=243] XML Parser Warning: Unknown element 'backlightOnWhenIncomingCall' in element '/device/vendorConfig'

Any Ideas ?
I hope you can help me, and sorry for my bad English !

EDIT:
Additionally I have the Issue, that I cant clear the missed calles from the “home screen”.
Any Ideas there ?

First let me start off by saying thank you to all of you that have shared your hard earned knowledge. It has saved my ass multiple times both here and many other issues. With that said, is there anyone still working with these phones?

Here is where I am. I aquired a 9971 to test before investing in more. I have a commercial license for EPM so when I saw the model in the list I assumed ( I know, I know) it would be smooth sailing. After NOTHING working I looked a the manual to find this model is “untested.”

So, I have dug a little and between the log output of the phone, XMLs provied on this post, and the XML EPM is creating I have managed to get the phone registered and making basic calls. I had to take the XML EPM creates, then modify it a little each time to fix its errors. Where would I go to work with whoever maintains the EPM to possibly fix some of this issues? I love EPM and would really like to get it working smoothly.

Two things:

1. Since this is a new topic, you really should start a new topic instead of just tacking onto the end of a topic you participated in last year.

2. If you want to share your work, you’re probably going to be asked to fill out a form so they can use your work.

Other than those, good work getting the 9971 working.

Jayanty… i have just set up FPBX 14 with Asterisk 13 with the gareth patch + a bunch of 8941’s i could NOT get the phones to work with video till i read your post… setting maxcallbitrate to 1000000 - and everything is running like a peach… YHANKS

Hey I really appreciate for sharing but I am a newbie and I want to know what to do with these and where to do them. I would be very grateful if you could guide me. i have a CP9971s , CP7975 and CP7965. What do I do with the xml details? Do I customize them with my details and then save it as an xml and copy to /tftpboot?
Please help me.
Thanks
Kye

2 posts were split to a new topic: Cisco 9971 Zadarma