Cisco 7970 Unprovisioned

Hmm Not sure why test did not "Stick"
Hope this is what you need

SIP SIP70.8-5-2SR1S

In short no.

Please post the content from your phone configuration XML file please. This is found within the filename given in my post above above (if that is indeed the MAC address of your phone).

If you don’t have this file in your /tftpboot directory then your phone will NEVER register. You either need to create it manually or have the FreePBX End Point Configuration Manager create it.

Have you created the relevant extensions within FreePBX for the phone already?

What is the current firmware load on the phone too?

SIP SIP70.8-5-2SR1S

I seem to have an issue every time i copy and paste it shows like the previous post?!?!?

Sorry I will try to get it again

<!--
#################PROVISIONER.NET#################
# This Configuration file was generated from the Provisioner.net Library by EndPoint Manager Version 2.10.3.7
# Generated on: N/A (Prevents reboot loops if set to static value)
# 
# Provisioner Information Follows:
# Brand Revision Timestamp: 1339434726 (Monday 11th of June 2012 12:12:06 PM)
# Family Revision Timestamp: 1339434726 (Monday 11th of June 2012 12:12:06 PM)
#
##################################################
-->
<device> 
<deviceProtocol>SIP</deviceProtocol> 
<loadInformation model="IP Phone 7970">SIP70.8-5-2SR1S</loadInformation> 
</device>

Well I have tried several times to cut and paste info and every time I paste it looks good before I post the info but when I look at the actual post all it does is the info you see above.

Not sure why as I even posted into into notepad and then copied and pasted from there to the site window

do you have any other recommendations for posting the wile info?

Phone is showing SIP70.8-5-2SR1S

Weird. I’ve never had a problem like that on this site (or for any other). Maybe try again using another browser. Try copying and pasting a smaller snippet of text and perhaps try and use the BBCode tags for code, see the “Input format” link below the comment box.

Just to make sure you are grabbing the correct XML configuration file, when you open the file, what does the opening line of the file say?

Endpoint Manager does not support the XML configuration file method for 79xx so this is mute.

OK that figures. I’ve not had reason to dabble with End Point Manager personally as I’ve always hand crafted these XML configuration files given I’m using the later model 89xx and 99xx series Cisco phones.

maswayze have a look at this tutorial. It gives an example of the required content and XML tags that will be required in your SEP0021D8BA315A.cnf.xml phone configuration file. Ensure you update the obvious stuff such as FPBX/asterisk server IP address, firmware version, extensions, password/secrets etc to match your setup.

Good luck!

If someone (simcity?) wants to send me the cisco XML files that’d be great. :slight_smile:

I’ll PM it to you shortly.

Unprovision means your configurations file is not propure or phone is not getting perfact file.

if you send me your phone mac address I will make it and send you.

I did a loot of R&D on these cisco phones so I have it.

Thanks
Nimit Gajjar
gmail : [email protected]

Try this: press the settings button, unlock them (**#) and erase them. Phone will reboot a couple of times.

When it comes back, go Settings->Security Configuration->Trust List->ITL File

Unlock the settings again (**#) and Erase again.

Phone will reset and may well get over your Unprovisioned status.

It might be worth checking the certificate server names in the Trust List before you reset to see if they match the servers you are expecting to connect to.