Cisco 7937 Conference Station work with Asterisk

thanks cynjut for your help…

I have disabled the firewall and iptables are also stopped.

output of the xmllint

/tftpboot/SEP0004F2F2664A.cnf.xml:9: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: ethernetPhonePort line 8 and ports

^
/tftpboot/SEP0004F2F2664A.cnf.xml:11: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: ports line 7 and callManager

^
/tftpboot/SEP0004F2F2664A.cnf.xml:12: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: callManager line 6 and member

^
/tftpboot/SEP0004F2F2664A.cnf.xml:13: parser error : expected ‘>’

^
/tftpboot/SEP0004F2F2664A.cnf.xml:14: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: members line 4 and callManagerGroup

^
/tftpboot/SEP0004F2F2664A.cnf.xml:24: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: callManagerGroup line 3 and Default

^
/tftpboot/SEP0004F2F2664A.cnf.xml:25: parser error : Premature end of data in tag Default line 2

^

I resolved the xml error and it worked
:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Cynjut you Rock… thanks man it’s upgrading now…

Now there are something with the database which I have to check in the tables.

because I am only getting this table asterisk.sccpdevmodel

now it request for this file rp-sccp.jar “21 RRQ “/rp-sccp.jar” octet”

This is something related to locale.

That’s only if you are using the RealTime database, and that isn’t supported in this version of Asterisk. You don’t need to worry about it - it will run fine the way it is.

Hi cnjut,

what to do with this file. rp-sccp.jar “21 RRQ “/rp-sccp.jar” octet”

there is no file in the firmware with rp-sccp.jar and phone’s firmware was updated to the latest but it’s requesting for this file.

It’s probably innocuous. The file appears to be for Locale Management in that firmware pack. I searched around the Internet for a few minutes to see if I could find anything on this, and the file does appear to be available from several sources, including Cisco.

Unless the phone is looping on the firmware load, I’d say ignore it.

the phone successfully upgraded the firmware but it stuck on registering once again.

In the logs it put request for this rp-sccp.jar file.

can you share the links of this file ?

This looks like a good source for starting out:

The specific file you are looking for is CME_8.8_Locale for the locale you are in. Note that you should be able to locate the Locale file for your current phone load in the tar file that contains the rest of your firmware files.

I have placed the rp-sccp.jar but it still stucks in registering. and I am not seeing any request for rp-sccp.jar anymore.
Please find the traces below.

Your phone is trying to connect to the server

Remember, this isn’t a SIP phone, so you’re not going to see a lot of messages in the Asterisk logs about what the phone is doing.

Time lo log into Asterisk using “asterisk -vr” and start look at the sccp commands to see what the phone is doing.

these logs are of tcpdump

I know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.