Cisco 7914 works with SIP - Now Trying to Add it to Endpoint Manager

The SEPMAC.cnf.xml file.

Just add them as more lines.
line 7 onwards for a 7961 line 9 onwards for a 7970/7971.

Everything is working great, except for BLF. Any insight on getting the BLF to work? Thanks!

Have you patched asterisk, using tcp etc?

I have TCP enabled in Asterisk and verified via netstat that Asterisk is listening for TCP traffic.

There is more to it than just the tcp, you have to add the Cisco BLF patch. I have not tried it on a distro as you won’t be able to do updates anymore.

Yes, SkykingOH is correct, you have to patch asterisk, which does mean if you’re running a distro you can’t (easily) update.
Plus then there’s a few other settings to include.
If you need more help let me know.

I’ve found the 8.5.4 firmware works best on the 7961 and 7970/7971.

Once you get it working you can pick up the busy lamp field by adding this to your extensions_custom.conf file:

[from-internal-custom] include => app-blfpickup

[app-blfpickup]
include => app-pickup-custom
exten => _[x]-cisco-serviceuri-blfpickup-.,1,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => _[x]-cisco-serviceuri-blfpickup-.,n,Set(PICKUP_EXTEN=${AMPUSER})
exten => _[x]-cisco-serviceuri-blfpickup-.,n,Pickup(${EXTEN:29}&${EXTEN:29}@PICKUPMARK)
exten => _[x]-cisco-serviceuri-blfpickup-.,n,Hangup

Of course the extensions need to be tagged in the correct pickup groups.

1 Like

I’ve got a 7960G with two 7914 daisy chained to it. I’ve got the latest 64-bit distro running FreePBX 2.11.0.11. 7960G Phones are easily added and working with Freepbx.

Has the Cisco 7914 been added for support to the Endpoint Configuration Manager in the latest Distro?

Is the only method still today to add through patching Freepbx?
In addition to “drivers” patch, I understand that if I install the Cisco BLF patch I will loose future capability to update modules in Freepbx.

Hello,

Does someone also know what configuration changes are needed in the XML file to enable a KEM with the Cisco 9971 phone? I have a couple of those phones working with asterisk and have BLF, Video and other functionality enabled with Gareth’s patch. When I connect an expansion module to my phones right now, the phone gives me a message that the LKEM has been disabled by the administrator.

Spyda,

I’ve got a 7914 connected to my already-working 7961. After adding your initialization code to the XML file, the sidecar is brought online (horizontal lines show up as opposed to all of the red lights being stuck). However, when I try to add a speed-dial line 7 to the XML file, the phone fails to even register. The phone is running firmware 8-3-0-50, but I’m unable to find 8-5-4 anywhere online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

–John

I was able to add lines but not speed dials-

Let me know and I will post my file…

That would be great, smal. Thanks!

Just in case it helps anyone in the future, with firmware 8-5-4 I am able to add speed-dials to the 7914.