Cidlookup and DID

Dear all,

We’ve hit a problem with setting up a CID Source (custom LDAP lookup script via HTTP GET, available if anyone wants it).

When you have DID on user extensions, it totally ignore an “Any CID/Any DID” Inbound route setting with a CID Lookup source.

Is this fixed in 2.2.2? We’re on 2.2.0rc3 (Trixbox 2.2)

Thanks,

Gavin.

I can only try.

depeneds where they put the #includes. But, I was referring to more drastic stuff like I noticed they installed a module wrong which would cripple it because of inproper directory structure layout. I think greg mentioned a bunch of stuff also.

[quote=“p_lindheimer”]suretec,
I’m not sure why they would be doing anything strange, but I have seen things which clearly indicate they are not doing a straight proper ‘install_amp’ as far as I can tell - unless something else is going on.[/quote]

They do have a lot if #includes for trixbox stuff, which I thingk FreePBX will wipe out.

Next week I’ll do a Trixbox 2.2. FreePBX upgrade (ours is all backed up :wink: ), and report back. How does that sound :wink:

Gavin.

suretec,

I couldn’t say what trixbox has done to FreePBX other than I have looked at some of what they do in other areas and can say that in those areas, they clearly broke stuff. I have not had time to sit down and carefully look at a fresh trixbox install to see what strange things they are or are not doing. It would actually be great to have someone in the community do that and report back. I’m not sure why they would be doing anything strange, but I have seen things which clearly indicate they are not doing a straight proper ‘install_amp’ as far as I can tell - unless something else is going on.

[quote=“p_lindheimer”]suretec,
you really need to run a released version of FreePBX, then people will be more likely to actually check. There are issues with the RC releases that are known and they should never have been released in a ‘non’ beta/RC package. But that is not something we control in the case of the ISO you are using.

So … once you upgrade to a released version (2.2.0, 2.2.1 or 2.2.2) you may get better feedback. And, btw, there was significant change from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 how the whole any DID/CID works - so it is possible that may effect the behavior you are currently seeing.[/quote]

Ok, we’ll do an upgrade in house and see how that goes and then get back to our client.

I hope Trixbox hasn’t broken FreePBX, and I can jus tdo a normal FreePBX upgrade.

Thanks for your time,

Gavin.

suretec,
you really need to run a released version of FreePBX, then people will be more likely to actually check. There are issues with the RC releases that are known and they should never have been released in a ‘non’ beta/RC package. But that is not something we control in the case of the ISO you are using.

So … once you upgrade to a released version (2.2.0, 2.2.1 or 2.2.2) you may get better feedback. And, btw, there was significant change from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 how the whole any DID/CID works - so it is possible that may effect the behavior you are currently seeing.