I had pretty much assumed that this code was old, legacy and ignored and should therefore be removed from the distribution (and I wrote it!), following Google ID lookup for FreePBX . However, I spontaneously received an email from a user asking about it, and further search revealed a couple of other users asking about it. So, I spent a little time looking in detail at the issue. The upshot is this: in order for the “app” to be verified as allowed to authorise, the following is necessary:
It must be associated with one or more domains that are owned by the google account which manages the authentication.
The “consent screen” needs an appropriate logo - the FreePBX one I guess.
It may also be that the requests for contacts have to come from that domain, but that is not clear from the text on the verification screen.
Therefore, I can see two routes from here:
This CID option is “taken under the wing” of FreePBX and 1, 2, and 3, are resolved because it would be changed to be a FreePBX account which was used, a couple of pages were put up on a freepbx website, and it would then be appropriate to put the logo on the consent screen.
Point 4 may (or may not) require work, but it is not clear to me how we can determine that without the previous change.
Currently it uses my personal, free, Google account to “host” the requests. In case you have used it and are worried: I cannot see your requests, I was simply making my free allocation of lookups available to FreePBX users.
The code is removed (or replaced with a “Option suspended due to Google security requirements” message).
Note: I have no axe to grind here, I’m happy wither way, but the current scenario is a bit confusing!