Choppy voicemail

I am having an issue with the asterisk voicemail operator and regular voicemails are either garbled, or the voicemail or operator voices breakup. I’m not sure why. My default format for both voicemails and operator voice are wav format. At the time I was initially setting up and testing the asterisk VM I was not running any CPU intensive tasks.

I’m also running Mythtv backend & Frontend on this same machine. Even with those elements my live inbound/outbound calls sound crystal clear with no issues. Just the weird voicemail breakup issue.

My System:

-AMD Athlon 64™ Dual Core 2.8Ghz
-4Gig of DDR2 Ram
-OS Ubuntu 8.10 w/ Kernel Version 2.6.27-14-generic
-Asterisk version 1.4.22
-Running FreeBX 2.5.1.5
-120gig hdd

voicemail.conf

; website to fix voicemail permissions issue
; http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbo...ail-problem-11

[default]
format=wav
1001 => 5101,First Extension,[email protected],,attach=yes|saycid=yes|envelope=no|delete=no

As an added test, I watched both “top” and FreePBX System Statistics and CPU utilization never topped past 1-7% while using asterisk voicemail.

Memory utilization never topped past 9% while using asterisk voicemail.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

It sounds like a timing issue to me. Doe you have ZT or DAHDI dummy loaded? Did they grab a good timing hook?

Some machines are picky and you have to toss an old x100p in as a timing reference.

I threw the ztdummy entry into /etc/modules. Is that what you are refering to? I don’t have a x100p card. Any other solutions available?

I threw the ztdummy entry into /etc/modules. Is that what you are refering to? I don’t have a x100p card. Any other solutions available?