Change SIP ports, possible to keep 5060 for trunk ports

Is it possible to change the default SIP port phones, but have trunks still work on port 5060?

It can’t be done for chan_sip. I don’t think it would achieve anything for chan_pjsip, as incoming calls are only matched against source IP address, when matching addresses, so would, I believe, be recognised on either port. Actually, maybe it would work, if you added firewall rules to block the standard port from all but the ITSP. I don’t think it can be done from the GUI.

If your extensions are only on an intranet, you could use two interfaces, one for the intranet, and one for the internet, and bind transports to each of them.

Yes. Phone using any say udp port 49261 with destination to incrediblePBX udp 5061 (PJSIP) was previously to port 5060 (chan_SIP). No problem here whichever sip/pjsip.

Edit Oh and trunks from incrediblePBX udp port 5061 PJSIP and registering to provider port 5060. Works OK.

Or maybe you mean something different?

So I have it setup listening on port 5560 under the PJSIP settings and the phones work fine. For the SIP trunk I need it to work on port 5060, under the SIP Server Port on the trunk settings I have it set to 5060. I can make calls out just fine but inbound just get a busy. It seems like the trunk is still listening on port 5560 not 5060. I see this when I look in Reports - > Asterisk Info. Is there a way to make this work?

Settings → Asterisk SIP Settings, chan_sip tab, set Bind Port to 5060. This assumes that you have set up a chan_sip trunk.

However, why do you believe that you must listen on UDP port 5060? If your provider uses registration, the port shouldn’t matter. For IP auth, you should be able to put :5560 after your IP address in the provider’s portal.

I was able to resolve with contents of this post - Custom transport in PJSIP, possible from GUI?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.