Change Port to 5070

Greetings, Guys. I have the config below to try and tie into a NEC SV8100. I need to change the port to 5070. Would I say host=192.168.1.224:5070 and delete insecure=port? or port=5070 and delete insecure=port?

host=192.168.1.224
type=friend
insecure=port, invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
qualify=no
context=from-internal

Thank you,
Quaz

Neither.

You should re-implement as chan_pjsip.

However, with chan_sip, you probably never needed insecure=port in the first place. You definitely never needed insecure=invite, and type=friend is probably just a security vulnerability.

I think both forms for specifying port will work, but as there is a specific option, I’d set that.

I don’t think an explicit port makes any difference as far as insecure=port is concerned.

type=friend is a security vulnerability because anyone knowing the section name, who can reach the machine, can make calls from the from-internal context, which is normally allowed to make chargeable calls. It should be type=host.

You should specify disallow=all, and some specific codecs.

Are there any reasons for setting directmedia and qualify to no? (You’ve used the obsolete name for direct media.)

Dave,

The config that I used is from an Avaya IP Office to Asterisk and Avaya IP Office to NEC SV8100. I am hacking my way through this. I would like to use a PJSIP trunk config to NEC. Do you have a config? Can you point me to a paper explaining in detail the difference between chanel_Sip and PJSIP. and the different programming options for each. I would like to know the differences between friend, peer and host and the requirements to config each one. I bought Asterisk_ The Definitive Guide but I have not gotten to it yet. I am reading "The Linux Command Line " now.

As to directmedia and qualify, I would prefer the server keep control of the calls and like I said, I am trying see my way through this to really understand this technology ( Qualify=60 ). For instance, if you create a new self-signed certificate using OPENSSL or simply go to etc/asterisk/keys, there are 10 files and a directory
( Integration ) with 3 files. Is there a paper, book that explains what each of these files are for and where and how they are used?

I am committed to learning Asterisk and any/all help is appreciated greatly.

Thank You,
Quaz

No, but it appears to be IP authenticated, single address, so take the trunk examples and strip out all the authentication and registration stuff.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Migrating+from+chan_sip+to+res_pjsip

https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/blob/master/configs/samples/sip.conf.sample#L1234

Thanx, David55

David55,

Do you know where I can get the information on the certification files; what they do and where they go?

Also, I cannot get the fax server going for inbound. I followed this:

Create a Virtual Extension

Disable Voicemail
User Manager Setting: Make sure it link to the extension numbers
Submit and Apply Configuration

Edit User

Click “Admin” then “User Manager”
Select the user that was created in the Virtual Extension
Click the “FAX” tab
Select the file format for the received faxes (I chose PDF)
Again, Submit and Apply Configuration

Create Inbound Route for your FAX

Set the DiD number to the Inbound Fax number
Set Destination: to “Fax Recipient” and select the Virtual Extension created from the above
Then, Client the “FAX” tab to continue…
Detect Fax: Enable
Fax Detection Type: SIP
FAX Distination: To Fax Reciient Inbound fax only (599)
Again, Submit and Apply Configuration

Finally, configure Fax Option

Outgoing Email address: “fax@your domain”
Email address: [email protected]… Recipient email address
Submit and Apply configuration
You’re ready to receive faxes.

I used a Virtual Extension setup as instructed and I get a busy signal. I rebooted system too. Do I need to buy a license for the fax server?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.