Change Extension Outside No Answer Destionation by remote

I have a real estate client and what they want is this:

1. Dial into the system to an extension, log into that extension
  2. Change destination based on time schedule to go to an extension
  3. Change the FMFM destionation OR call forward all destinations to an external number.
  4. When shift is over, revert back to another extension or change destional.

Reason: Agents will not know who is on call until that morning usually Saturday or Sunday due to either a showing service has booked someone, and when they are on schedule, they dial into the system, change the mode to forward to a “On call” extension, log into that extension, change the call forward all destionation matching their cell phone.

When shift is over, change the mode back and have it to go to IVR.

There’s nothing in your list that’s impossible, but I think you need to think about how you actually want this to work. There are also somethings in your description that cloud what you want.

For example, you want to “log into an extension”. That’s not really a thing.

Instead, I offer this workflow. See if this does what you’re thinking:

1. You dial into a private DID (so you’re on the phone) for the management of this. It drops you into an IVR.
  2. You select the choice for “Set Follow Me for an extension”
  3. You write a custom context that allows you to enter the extension for which you want to turn FMFM on or off. Note that this might also be an IVR; it depends on how you approach it. In the custom context,
    3a) You ask for and validate a management PIN for making the update.
    3b) You enter the extension number.
    3c) If you’re slick, you look at the ASTDB and see if FMFM (or CFW) is turned on for that extension. If slicker, you announce the current setting.
    3d) You press something (maybe ‘1’) to toggle FMFM or set CFW to some number.
    3e) If you use CFW, ask for and accept the new number.
    3f) If you’re slick, you look at the ASTDB and see if FMFM is turned on for that extension. If slicker, you announce the current setting again.

When the shift is over, run it again and turn the thing on or off.

Now, you can do (almost) all of this from the GUI and what you can’t you can do from a series of fwconsole commands, so setting it up as a password protected website would also work. Different strokes, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.