Change call forward remotely

Hi, I’ve got an after hours IVR setup that allow callers to press 1 to be connected to my cell phone. The IVR sends them to the extension at my office desk, and have to tell that extension to forward to my cell. 2 problems… I have to remember to forward and un-forward my extension every day, and I can’t change the phone number that it forwards to (example change it from cell to house phone) unless I’m sitting at my extension at the office.

I would like to create a fake extension on the system that always forwards to either my cell or home phone, but I don’t know how to change which number that it forwards to. And I would like to be able to make the change from home (through DISA).

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Look at the ARI if you use follow me / VMX options you can use the GUI

If you install Hamachi on the server and aPC at home you have safe access to the GUI via the Hamachi IP so no exposing yourself to the web

I don’t want to make the changes VIA the web because I sometimes have my family, or other employees make the change for me and they don’t have access to the FreePBX gui page. Can you give me more info on the ARI & follow me? Can I change the forwarding phone number with a telephone?

Thanks!
-Brasslan

More about Followme and ARI???

Are you kidding???
Two of the MOST important items for anyone who works outside of the office…

The recordings link in freepbx ARI (Asterisk Recordings Interface) voicemail…

Followme / findme in Freepbx

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+FollowMe

If you log intot he ARI GUI and you have setup the followme / VMX options in your exten
then you have complete control over the call flow to your exten.

As for using a phone, as for as I know you would have to write a script to update the DB and call the script via the Dail Plan for this to work.

I guess I need to know more about writing scripts for FreePBX. Because I really really want to do this from an extension, not from a computer. Do you have any good reading material for this that you could point me to?

-Thanks
brass

Hi

You can set up an IVR or DISA and a custom destination directed at the appropriate star code for unconditional divert.

Joe

OK I have a TON of reading for you only thing is it is all just background on “How things work”

But I will just cut to the chase here.

You can call .bat files with the dail plan like below (the .sh file)
You are asked for a pin and allowed to create a new recording

[record-New-Announcement]
exten => s,1,Wait(2)
exten => s,2,Authenticate(1234)
exten => s,3,Record(New-Announcement:gsm)
exten => s,4,Wait(2)
exten => s,5,Playback(New-Announcement)
exten => s,6,Wait(2)
exten => s,7,system(/var/lib/asterisk/scripts/newrecording.sh)
exten => s,8,Hangup

now do you know / understand PHP???

http://bestof.nerdvittles.com/applications/phonegenie/
The PHP app from Nerdvittles will show you DB updating process (how to pass the right stuff to change the DB)
Ex. /nv-genie.php?action=dbput&family=CF&key=4200&value=8885551212&pw=123456
would set my CF for 4200 to 8885551212

Now take that to the CMD line level the cmd below issues at the CLI will set call forward for exten 4200 I think (it has been a LONG time since I hack up a dailplan)…

/usr/local/sbin/ast-cmd cmd “database put CFU 4200 ENABLED”

You call the bat file with the system cmd in the DP by calling ina calling a exten to run the batch file

Or if want to hack out a custom exten you should be able
go to the Dailplan with something like this

exten => 1500.,n,DBput(CW|4200|ENABLED) (check this)

I solved the “forward to cellphone automatically” problem by implementing the NerdVittles Bluetooth presence detection solution. You should check it out. No programming. It just works.

Let Uncle Ward do your heavy lifting.