Chan_PJSIP Rejected, Chan_SIP working fine - Clarification on Mikrotik/FreePBX/SIP Provider

The log looks good.

If these DNS servers return the working result looking up ims.otenet.gr and also work for other domains, setting them up at the OS level should work, bypassing anything sysadmin is doing.

But be careful that there is nothing conflicting; see
https://forums.centos.org/viewtopic.php?t=59796

Good morning Stewart

nslookup to the ims results with .182 ip only

From my limited trace knowledge and what you have stated clearly the sip debug shows that it tries to register to .182 and succeeds.

Why is the pjsip trying to register to .30 ip and failing hence needed to manually point to .182 via proxy?

I have to manually edit my ifcfg-eth interface and add the ISP DNS there?

Thank you

I have added manually the DNS to the ifcfg-eth1 interface.

It has replaced the resolv.conf file so it looks normal.

Now it seems that the trunk gets registered without the outbound proxy rule even after a couple of reboots.

The log shows .182 ip when it tries to register now.

Will keep an eye throughout the day if it keeps the registration and post back the result and mark the sollution.

Thank you

@Stewart1 Registration seems to be solid no problem but fresh problem out of the box now.
Honestly it is like Cortizone, it fixes 1 thing messes up 4 :sweat_smile:

New problem is that implementing the trunk needed as pjsip to a specific account i have incoming problems.

Outbound works fine and i can show any of the 10 numbers of the ddi which was one of the reasons i switched to pjsip cos i couldnt get the outgoing to show the correct number with chan_sip.

The account is 1 registration with 10 numbers under it.

I am able to call the head number for example xxxxxxxxxx20, under it is 21-29.

Via chan_sip i can split it with pstn-toheader and every number rings ok i.e xxxxxxxxx21 via inbound route to ext 100.

Despite the fact that i add pstn-toheader in the pjsip section i am not getting the same results.

My Inbound is correct i am either being sent +30xxxxxxxxxx or without +30 or sometimes 30 everything is added in the inbound routes hence the functioning chan_sip part.

chansip - Pastebin.com chan_sip

pjsip incoming - Pastebin.com chan pjsip

Thank you

You are asking for a password with chan_pjsip, but not with chan_sip, which probably means your authentication option is wrong.

1 Like

You should have Authentication Outbound. If so, Iā€™m guessing that the DNS record somehow leads to an incorrect identify entry. As a test, try setting Match (Permit) to the .182 IP address from which the calls are coming.

It is set to Authentication Outbound

Your match permit sollution once again sorted the problem but if we wanted to analyse it abit further is it an ISP problem?

With the Match (Permit) workaround removed, at the Asterisk command prompt type
pjsip show identifies
and post the output.

Removing the workaround still keeps it functional.
If i disable and enable the trunk it stops working.

Identify: BVoIPmynumber_PJSIP/BVoIPmynumber_PJSIP
Match: xx.xx.xx.182/32

After disabling and enabling the trunk no output at the identify command.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.