Chan_mobile no audio

Hi,

I have set up a FreePBX/Asterisk system on a Raspberry Pi (raspbx) to connect a wired phone to my cellphone over bluetooth.

The idea is to be able to make and answer calls to/from my cellphone using a wired phone at my desk. I have paired and set up chan_mobile, and everything is working great except the small detail that the audio is not carried though. The audio is still local on my cellphone.

In other words, I can make and answer calls through my FreePBX system, but I then have to pick up my cellphone to talk, which defeats the purpose.

Any ideas what may be causing this, and how to fix it?
I don’t know what information to provide in terms of configuration and logs, but ask and I’ll provide whatever is necessary to help me fix the problem.

I haven’t been able to get audio to work properly with chan_mobile with any version of Asterisk higher than 11.

Digium simply ignores any requests to investigate the problem.

Digium has no investiture in gsm hardware, so not surprising they decline ( a better term than ignires ) to provide any third party entitlement, no?

Then I have to question why they continue to distribute a non-working module that they refuse to support.

Well,chan_mobile is not and never has been a digium driver per-se (dahdi) , it is an asterisk channel driver over bluetooth whose source is , and always has been

http://www.chan-mobile.org

You could go ask them for support maybe? but that is probably a long distance call that won’t be answered :wink:

I would stick with chan_dongle, but that is still very ‘third party’

2 Likes

Thanks guys for replying.

It looks like I may be out of luck with my project then.

Using chan_dongle is not an option, because then I would have to move my sim back and forth between my phone and a dongle every time I leave home or get home. It would at the very least eventually wear out SIM slots.

I may have to try running Asterisk 11 and see if I have any luck there, but I don’t know if I want to run an unsupported version with possible security issues other than for testing.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.