Certificate Manager HTTPS Install Error - Error parsing /etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt

FreePBX 15.0.37

When trying to install my uploaded certificate in HTTPS in System Admin>HTTPS Setup I am getting the error:
Error parsing /etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt

I googled around and found ( [FREEPBX-10001] System Admin HTTPS Setup using Third-party CA not working - Sangoma Issue Tracker) an issue that mentioned running:
/var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/hooks/update-sslconf

But when I run the command, I get the output:

[root@xxx ~]# /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/hooks/update-sslconf
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unexpected output from openssl - subject=C = aa, ST = bb, O = cc, CN = dd' in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/hooks/update-sslconf:368
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/hooks/update-sslconf(43): parseCert('/etc/httpd/pki/...')
#1 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/hooks/update-sslconf on line 368
[root@xxx ~]#

One of my coworkers may have updated OpenSSL and I think they messed it up. Is there a way to fix this? Or maybe thats is not the root cause. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Restoring from a snapshot to resolve. Reminder to have good backup strategies planned out for your boxes. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.