Centos stage2.img not matching boot media

Installing from Distro Net 32bit ISO 1.87.29.55 on a Dell GX620 (Intel PRESCOTT)

Selecting BETA 2.10 Installation option:

After loading images/stage2.img (likely from http://yum.freepbxdistro.org/centos/5.7/os/i386/) the CentOS installer Reports an [color=RED]Error:[/color]

“The CentOS installation tree in that directory does not seem to match your boot media”

I am then encouraged to enter the yum host and its path manually.

If I alter the path to match the 5.5 branch it installs (and ends up with a 5.7 installation) but the installation has issues and web interface is broken.

Stable 2.9 installation works fine.

Dunno if this is an issue, but I’ll mention it anyway…

Regards, Thord.

I just ran into this issue as well, so looks like it hasn’t been fixed yet.

I just did another install and had no issues. What type of hardware are you using?

I’m trying to install both the very latest Beta and the last non-beta and am getting stuck at “Retrieving Images/Stage2.img” screen. It just sits there forever. I assume that it’ll eventually time out.

I’m using a VMWare Player that I’ve used to do an install many times before…

I’m trying to install both the very latest Beta and the last non-beta and am getting stuck at “Retrieving Images/Stage2.img” screen. It just sits there forever. I assume that it’ll eventually time out.

I’m using a VMWare Player that I’ve used to do an install many times before…

I will take a look this afternoon but the last time I did a build was a few weeks ago and have not touched it since than and it worked at that time.

Also is this the latest disk or a older disk you had downloaded in the past?

@thord.matre your issue has been noted and is being looked in to

This issue here is if you try and install the Beta version from the stable disk it fails. Since the Centos core of stable is 5.5 and beta is 5.7 it has issues. I have rolled a new stable that removes the beta option from the disk. If you want to install the Beta version download the Beta ISO. Thanks

NVR mind I resolved the issue :slight_smile:

Hello,

This problem seems to persist when loading “minstg2.img” instead of “stage2.img”. Install seems to load “minstg2.img” when system has 256 MB RAM or less.

You have to download the current net installer. Sounds like you are using an old one.

i did download the current one today actually, so that’s not the problem.