CDR reports not working - no mysql / sqlite3?

Hi,

I’ve upgraded my Asterisk from 1.8.10 to 10.12.4
After that I upgraded my FreePBX version from 2.9 to 2.10

Now I lost the CDR reporting funtionality. I installed this module on the module admin. I have the page for CDR search but it is empty. Shows 0 CDR.

When I search on the web/forums, I always see that mysql addon module is required. However, when I was upgrading my Asterisk to version 10, I had read that mysql is not supported on this version. Instead Sqlite3 is being used.

Now what do I have to do to get back CDR reports working ?

My module status :

Router*CLI> module show like  cdr
Module                         Description                              Use Count 
app_cdr.so                     Tell Asterisk to not maintain a CDR for  0         
app_forkcdr.so                 Fork The CDR into 2 separate entities    0         
cdr_csv.so                     Comma Separated Values CDR Backend       0         
cdr_custom.so                  Customizable Comma Separated Values CDR  0         
cdr_manager.so                 Asterisk Manager Interface CDR Backend   0         
cdr_sqlite3_custom.so          SQLite3 Custom CDR Module                0         
cdr_syslog.so                  Customizable syslog CDR Backend          0         
func_cdr.so                    Call Detail Record (CDR) dialplan functi 0         
8 modules loaded
router*CLI> cdr show status 

Call Detail Record (CDR) settings
----------------------------------
  Logging:                    Enabled
  Mode:                       Simple
  Log unanswered calls:       No

* Registered Backends
  -------------------
    cdr_sqlite3_custom
    cdr-custom
    csv

you need the cdr_mysql module. How did you upgrade your asterisk? whatever process forgot to do that step.

But the new Asterisk (v.10 and above) does not have that module. Am I wrong ?

here’s what says in the “UPGRADE.txt” :

Asterisk Database:
 - The internal Asterisk database has been switched from Berkeley DB 1.86 to
   SQLite 3. An existing Berkeley astdb file can be converted with the astdb2sqlite3
   utility in the UTILS section of menuselect. If an existing astdb is found and no
   astdb.sqlite3 exists, astdb2sqlite3 will be compiled automatically. Asterisk will
   convert an existing astdb to the SQLite3 version automatically at runtime. If
   moving back from Asterisk 10 to Asterisk 1.8, the astdb2bdb utility can be used
   to create a Berkeley DB copy of the SQLite3 astdb that Asterisk 10 uses.

what I understand is that my DB is now converted to sqlite3 , am I wrong ?

ok , I’ve found the module under addons and recompiled with the cdr_mysql module.
Now it’s working.

so , the new version works with Sqlite3 but we still need MySql for CDR ?
weird…

the asterisk database was never mysql. it was berkley before sqlite. Freepbx still uses mysql for cdrs and setting the asterisk database, as it always has.