CDR Reporting - Two Different Trunks

Hello
I have two different trunks on my system: an analog trunk and a sip trunk.

The analog trunk I use for 911 and 511 dial outs.

All other calls (local, long distance + toll free) go out on the sip trunk.

Question: how can I verify what trunk a dialed number is going out on? For example if I dial 511 I’d like to verify that it went out on the analog trunk as it match the dial patterns for that trunk in the outbound routes. Similarly if I dialed 1-866-XXX-XXXX I’d like to be able to verify that it went out on the sip trunk (because the dialed number match the dial pattern for that outbound route).

I thought CDR would provide me with that information. Perhaps I haven’t configured the report incorrectly? I’ve checked the wiki and the forums before submitting my question.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

FreePBX 13.0.190.1
Firmware 10.13.66-16

Michael

Hi!

I guess the easiest way would be to look at the “full” asterisk log file (you might have to boost the number of displayed lines). There is a lot of stuff then but assuming you placed a few tests calls this should show you what you want.

The other way to do it would be to remote you PBX and do “asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv” then place a few tests calls.

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Hello

That’s excellent. I was able to verify the trunks being dialed out on.

Is there a way to increase the number of days the log files are kept (from the present 7 days) and perhaps archive them on a network drive (so they don’t take up too much space on the FreePBX system)?

It’s all in

man logrotate

the logrates are configured in /etc/logrotate.d directory

Thanks
Is there a resource that can help me understand the log file? I’ve attached a edited screen shot with a highlighted area. Specifically I’d like to know what the information is telling me.

Hopefully the image / screenshot is readable.

Thanks again for any help.