CDR report - Busy

Good Afternoon Colleagues
I hope you are doing good . I was reviewing CDR report for one of our customers . I found some entries that has Busy with zero duration (CDR Busy 1) and another entries that Busy with duration (CDR Busy 2).

May i know the difference between them ?

Best Regards

The OP is talking about the behaviour on the outgoing side; this article refers to the behaviour on the incoming side.

(It seems to me that the anomalous ones involve a local channel, but I’m not sufficiently familiar with FreePBX (as against Asterisk) to comment further, other than that the local channel may be doing something before actually dialing.

I’m inferring the local channel by the presence of the log line for Dial, as well as Queue.)

Good Afternoon Colleagues
Thx for your replay but i don’t think your replay has any relation with my question . I am asking about the “Busy” Disposition . In the first snapshot , The the “Busy” Disposition has zero duration while in the second snapshot , It has duration . Both snapshots from the same system at the same day.

So does anyone has any idea for the reason ?

Best Regards

I provide a reply not a replay.

In all the long delay cases, in your second one, there is a Dial that is returning busy quickly, That implies the actual queue member is a local channel.

If the same local channel is present in the first examples, it is obviously doing some check that is detecting the busy condition without making a call, but when it does make a call, it is delaying before or after doing so.

I’m an Asterisk person, not a FreePBX person, so I don’t know how local channels might be used in this context, and that may also depend on the specific configuration.

From a purely Asterisk point of view, except, possibly for analogue FXS lines finding in out whether something is busy requires sending messages backwards and forward. That takes time and if something goes wrong at the first attempt, it can take more time. You would have to do full protocol logging to really see this.

Also, I think that a call rejected by the recipient will show as busy.

These would, however, only show up if a local channel wasn’t being used, and the Dial entries make me think that once it tries to make the call the busy status comes back quickly.

To really understand what is happening, you would probably need to provide the full log, with verbosity 5, and if the delay is external, the protocol logging is likely to useful, as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.