cdr_mysql failure after restoring a backup

I’m currently using a test server (1.1010.210.62-5) and am trying to copy the settings over onto the (not yet deployed) production server (3.211.63-3). Everything seems to be restored as expected, with the exception of the mysql cdr database, which gives and error:

ERROR[3908][C-00000001]: cdr_mysql.c:203 mysql_log: Cannot connect to database server localhost: (1045) Access denied for user ‘freepbxuser’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

Here is a snippet from my cdr_mysql.conf:

hostname = localhost
dbname=asteriskcdrdb
password = psLNjgbfXats
user = freepbxuser

and from mysql:

mysql> select host, user, password from user where user = ‘freepbxuser’;
±----------±------------±------------------------------------------+
| host | user | password |
| localhost | freepbxuser | *B35EE120468EEEB8C25AE6FE0B44A108D43879F6 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

To restore the mysql databases from the scripts of FreePBX, it will be necessary that your username/password must be the same on the new machine as they where on the old machine. It is up to you to do that. *B35EE120468EEEB8C25AE6FE0B44A108D43879F6 is hash of your password depending on your version either md5sum or sha1

I suggest that as neither hash from psLNjgbfXats is that that you have an incongruent mysql database, the user/password in cdr_mysql.conf needs to be the same in old and new.

If you search the forums you will find this has been discussed before and the answer is there.

I’m not trying to restore the database, it’s new CDR’s that aren’t getting inserted. It seems like database access should remain intact during a restore.

Pardon my newbee-ism, yet I cannot determine how to search the Forums to resolve this same issue on our system.