CDR file corrupted, I believe!

Hi all,

I’m using AsteriskNOW 1.7 with CentOS 5.5 and FreePBX 2.8.0.4 and I just run the command yum update on the AsteriskNOW server and everything run quite well. After finished it I reboot it and then I accessed the server through the FreePBX I found that the CDR data was gone … all the information on the calls performed disappeared and Shows the following information “YOU MUST ACCESS THE CDR THROUGH THE ASTERISK MANAGEMENT PORTAL!”.

I appreciate that if someone can help me to repair the CDR file.

Thank you so much.

Antonio Cotao

I had problems with running phpmyadmin after the upgrade. The php user permissions had changed to root:apache, I did a
chown -R root:asterisk /var/lib/php/sessions and that put it right.

I got the same result upgrading to FreePBX 2.8.0.4 from 2.8.0.0 on a Elastix distribution.

I don’t think it’s a CDR database problem. I’ve checked the database and it seems ok.

Seems like there is a PHP or communication problem between FreePBX and Asterisk.

yes the /var/lib/php/session gets its ownership set back to root sometimes in upgrades which is fixed by resetting it back:

from command line: chown asterisk /var/lib/php/session

try it, it works.

the strange thing is that on my machine (Centos 5), apache keep putting session files inside /tmp, regardless /etc/php.ini setting.

from command line: chown asterisk /var/lib/php/session