Can't yum update due to could not retrieve mirror list 500 error

I have several FreePBX instances running. All can run yum update, but one consistently fails with the following error:

Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.sangoma.net/?release=$releasever&arch=x86_64&repo=os&dist=$dist&staging=$staging error was
14: HTTP Error 500 - Internal Server Error

The PBX is running fine otherwise. Full internet connectivity. The Sangoma-base.repo file is identical to the file on a PBX that can run yum update. The 500 error from the sangoma mirrorlist appears legitimate.

Version numbers? I have a theory that it’s using the old names and you may need to manually update the Advanced Configuration page to get them working.

Thanks @cynjut.

PBX Version:15.0.16.81
PBX Distro: 12.7.8-2008-1.sng7
Asterisk Version:13.36.0

Where are the settings you are referring to? I scanned the Advanced Settings page and didn’t see anything related to the packages.

Open the readonly settings and look for the site names in the list.

Also, with AWS out over the weekend and Sangoma being down for maintenance, it might not be you…

readonly settings were already enabled. I know the edge mode setting is in there for modules, but I don’t see anything for package updates.

Yeah I thought maybe the AWS outage may have been the problem as well, but it’s still erroring out today. I didn’t know Sangoma was down for maintenance. Regardless, both are back up now according to their status pages.

Thanks for the help @cynjut.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.