Can't upgrade UCP node server (READ TOP POST!)

Installing ucpnode
Node version is: 0.10.40 requirement is 0.12.18. Run ‘yum upgrade nodejs’ from the CLI as root
Error(s) installing ucpnode:

Failed to run installation scripts

But when I attempt to upgrade nodejs it returns with the same version. I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results using the instructions found here http://tecadmin.net/upgrade-nodejs-via-npm/

Edit by @xrobau for those coming in late: If you’re getting this error, and running yum update nodejs does not work, this means that your distro is not up to date, and is potentially vulnerable to some security issues. PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR MACHINE. Follow the instructions here:
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Updating+FreePBX+Official+Distro

You probably need to upgrade your distro.

To what? I am currently running 13.0.190.19. I haven’t received any Distro upgrade updates to a newer version.

That is the FreePBX version. Are you using the FreePBX distro?

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Updating+FreePBX+Official+Distro

Yes. In any event I was able to fix the issue based on advice you gave in another thread:

fwconsole chown
fwconsole ma upgrade framework && fwconsole ma upgradeall

Not the most intuitive fix, but worked for me with this specific issue. Thanks for the quick replies :slight_smile: Couldn’t have figured it out without you.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem trying to update ucpnode, and I believe I’m at the latest distro upgrade

[root@freepbx ~]# fwconsole ma showupgrades
No repos specified, using: [standard,extended] from last GUI settings

Upgradable:
±--------±--------------±---------------+
| Module | Local Version | Online Version |
| ucpnode | 13.0.32.10 | 13.0.33.7 |
[root@freepbx ~]# fwconsole ma upgradeall
No repos specified, using: [standard,extended] from last GUI settings

Upgrading: ucpnode
Upgrading ucpnode…
Starting ucpnode download…
Processing ucpnode
Verifying local module download…Verified
Extracting…Done
Module ucpnode successfully downloaded
Node version is: 0.10.40 requirement is 0.12.18. Run ‘yum upgrade nodejs’ from the CLI as root
Unable to install module ucpnode:

• Failed to run installation scripts
    Updating Hooks…Done
    All upgrades done!
    Updating Hooks…Done

[root@freepbx ~]# cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version
10.13.66-17

Same Issue here. Running latest FreePBX distro. All other modules are up to date.

That module requires a new RPM package that the webserver can not install for permission reasons. It tells you what you need to do.

yum upgrade nodejs from the linux CLI.

1 Like

Thanks Tony. Simple enough to resolve :slight_smile:

I just want to be clear as to what I will need to do when upgrading all my servers.

Will I need to execute what @tm1000 said as well as what @tonyclewis said??

Will I need to run:

fwconsole chown

and

yum upgrade nodejs

Please clarify exactly what we should do and when we should do it please. Should we be running all 3 of these at the command prompt before we do the module updates?? Sorry, but I am confused and just would like clarification if possible please.

The errors tells you what you need to do. Doesn’t it?

@tm1000 Andrew I am not sure, I personally have not received the error however I have to perform updates on our primary server and our 2 hot spare servers on Thursday and I want to verify the procedures that I need to take.

Please tell me:

Will I need to run:

fwconsole chown

and

yum upgrade nodejs

Please clarify exactly what I should do and when I should do it please. Should we be running all 3 of these at the command prompt before we do the module updates?? Sorry, but I am confused and just would like clarification if possible please.

Same errors here and while it does “tell you what to do” doing what it tells you seems to not work. On my system, running the above commands from the CLI do not work.

Unable to install module ucpnode:

• Failed to run installation scripts

yum upgrade nodejs

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Setting up Upgrade Process
No Packages marked for Update

FreePBX 13.0.190.19
Current Version 6.12.65-32

You need to upgrade your distro to 10.13.66

This is something I already said at the beginning of this post.

@tm1000 Andrew I know this is a touchy sugject today, and I am not trying to be difficult in any way however I really want to do the right thing regarding this so that I don’t have the problem that others are referring to. Can you please tell me if I need to execute all 3 items or not and I plan on running this before my module updates. If I do this will I prevent having the problem??

It’s not touchy. I am just repeating things over and over. It gets exhausting.

yum upgrade nodejs
fwconsole chown
fwconsole ma upgrade framework
fwconsole ma upgradeall
1 Like

I have just updated the first post to make it more obvious.

1 Like

Thanks so much @tm1000 I so much appreciate you and everything you do as well as everyone on the greater FreePBX team. @xrobau thanks for that also, you guys are fantastic.

2 Likes

Except you completely ignored me. That gets exhausting. Sysadmin Pro reports no updates to install. The commands you posted I already tried and they said to yum upgrade nodejs, which says, and I repeat:
yum upgrade nodejs
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Setting up Upgrade Process
No Packages marked for Update

So, how exactly is someone supposed to update when they are presented with this:
Updates
Current Version 6.12.65-32 View Log
No Updates needed
Your server is up to date! No updates are required.

Looks like I’m on the current version then…

Please read the top post. You do not automatically move between major versions.