Can't redirect external call to external number

I have the same problem with my VOIP provider. On some cases enabling diversion headers worked (from advanced settings) but if that doesn’t it cause some Voip ISP can’t proccess audio when a called is being diverted without first being answered from asterisk (Hope i decsribed it well :P).

What I did was to setup a Ring group with the number I wanted to divert as member (typed as you would dial it from an extension with # at the end) and audio worked.

I have this exact problem with my TSP. I added a second account for outbound calls to a specific provider (anytime a call goes to my cell phone, for example, it gets routed to this special TSP link) and now I don’t have any problems with one-way audio or dead-air calls.

Hi @esarant , thanks for your answer, is this supposed to work with “Misc Destinations” because it doesn’t lol

I saw a post ( sorry I don’t have the link anymore ) , so I tried to edit the sip_custom.conf and I had the following parameter
progressinband=yes , but that didn’t make the job… Futhermore , the logs can’t help me on that sound problem , it’s is annoying

PS : Do I have to make an other post or is it ok ?

Try putting the number you want to dial in a Ring group with # at the end, ie if the number is 123456 and your outbound prefix is 9, put 9123456#

That should work with audio.

Hello everybody , I found a solution with my co-worker , we have activated the fax sip detection on the inboud route. Don’t ask me why , but it does the job !

I would like to thank all of you for the time you took for me ! :smiley: