Can't get DAHDI to work properly

I am installing a new FreePBX system.

The card that is in question is a Digium TDM2400P.

I cannot get it to work properly. Internal calls (extension to extension) work well. No outgoing calls work.

I have done the following to install the drivers:

cd /usr/src
wget http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/dahdi-linux-complete/releases/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.0+2.6.0.tar.gz
tar -zxvf dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.0+2.6.0.tar.gz
cd dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.0+2.6.0
yum install make (because make doesn’t work without it)
make
make install
make config

This seems to load everything except I get a lot of red when I do the DAHDI start.

I’ve been reading all night and I cannot find the answer.

There must be a trick I am missing.

Any ideas? I need to get this working by tomorrow evening. :frowning:

Please help! I have re-installed everything 10 times now trying to get it right.

I am using the distro: 2.210.62 with Asterisk 1.8

Any insight would be most helpful. I can give you any info you need. Thanks in advance.

The distro includes DAHDI, not sure why you are downloading it.

Guess you do have to reinstall now.

Just configure from the DAHDI module in FreePBX. Have you been to the wiki yet and checked out the documentation? I assure you there are no tricks.

SkykingOH!

Great to hear from you!

I tried the module but I’ll have another look first thing tomorrow morning. I’m starting to think it has something to do with the pots lines.

I’ll keep you posted! Good to hear from you. I’m glad you are still on the scene!

With a fresh install and the Dahdi module installed with an extension set up, a ring group set up and inbound & outbound routes set up, I get the “Your call cannot be completed as dialed,” with any outbound calls. Inbound seems to work fine.

Any ideas here?

This is the log from a random outbound call (number changed for security):

-- Starting simple switch on 'DAHDI/8-1'
-- Executing [9049467447@from-internal:1] ResetCDR("DAHDI/8-1", "") in new stack
-- Executing [9049467447@from-internal:2] NoCDR("DAHDI/8-1", "") in new stack
-- Executing [9049467447@from-internal:3] Progress("DAHDI/8-1", "") in new stack
-- Executing [9049467447@from-internal:4] Wait("DAHDI/8-1", "1") in new stack
-- Executing [9049467447@from-internal:5] Progress("DAHDI/8-1", "") in new stack
-- Executing [9049467447@from-internal:6] Playback("DAHDI/8-1", "silence/1&cannot-complete-as-dialed&check-number-dial-again,noanswer") in new stack
-- <DAHDI/8-1> Playing 'silence/1.ulaw' (language 'en')
-- <DAHDI/8-1> Playing 'cannot-complete-as-dialed.ulaw' (language 'en')
-- <DAHDI/8-1> Playing 'check-number-dial-again.ulaw' (language 'en')

== Spawn extension (from-internal, 9049467447, 6) exited non-zero on ‘DAHDI/8-1’
– Executing [h@from-internal:1] Hangup(“DAHDI/8-1”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (from-internal, h, 1) exited non-zero on ‘DAHDI/8-1’
– Hanging up on ‘DAHDI/8-1’
– Hungup ‘DAHDI/8-1’

And you have a analog phone line plugged into port 8?

Yes, and Yes. Guarantee.

Here is something… the group on all of the FXO are set to group 0. Isn’t that where the FXS (trunks) default is set? Should the FXO have all different groups or just one group or…??? The wiki says change nothing… I don’t believe that. :slight_smile: