Can't Force Custom Outgoing Caller ID. What do?

Running PIAF 2.8.1.4 on hardware.

I have a fairly simple setup using two trunks, one outgoing route, and one inbound route that rings all extensions (as per ring group). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to force whatever caller ID I want. I placed the outgoing caller ID that I wanted in both trunks AND in the outbound route CID fields. What gives? Do I need to edit a conf file? Still kinda new at this so any help would be greatly appreciated.
When I hover over the “Route CID” in the outbound route tab, it doesn’t specify a format to put the CID in. I tried just numbers (no dashes), <##########>, and “Name” <##########> and none of them worked.
In the “Outbound CID” field in each extension, I followed the format indicated in the info box when I hover over “Outbound CID”. The format is “Name” <##########> and still doesn’t work.

I hope this is enough info to help me out. If not, I’ll be happy to post whatever is needed.

What type of trunks do you have. If they’re POTS lines, you won’t be able to change the CID. If it’s a SIP trunk, you may or may not be able to change it, depending on the policies of your provider.

BF

It’s a SIP trunk with Quantum Voice as the provider. I’ll call them and see what they say and post results in case anyone else wants to use them. I didn’t know it depended on them for caller ID stuff. Thanks for the info! Brb…