FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Can't find ChanSpy command in Asterisk CLI interface ...?

(Thomas) #1

First of all, thank you to Dave Burgess for providing me with brilliant help, and the clues that ended up in me understanding how to create my C# based WCF service wrapper around the Asterisk Management API, to track calls, originate calls, redirect calls, query the directory, etc - Entirely from C#. Thank you Dave :slight_smile:

However, now I have another problem, which hopefully is more easily solved I assume, since it’s simply that I cannot find the “ChanSpy” action in my Asterisk CLI when issuing a “manager show commands” . I assume this is simply a settings of some sort. However, my reasons for posting here, is because once I have been able to enable this action, hopefully due to some more brilliant help from the community here - I still need to actually construct an action to transmit this to my Asterisk Server, since the library I am using to interact with Asterisk doesn’t seem to have existing wrappers for this action (AsterNET for the record).

So hence, my question is two folded.

1. How do I enable the ChanSpy action on my server?
  2. How would the message format for transmitting the ChanSpy action over a socket to my Asterisk server look like …?

Have a nice one,

Thomas

(Lorne Gaetz) #2

No expert here, but I don’t believe there is an AMI command for chanspy. What you want to do is AMI ORIGINATE a call to a local extension that then does a chanspy to a channel.

(Thomas) #3

Thank you Igaetz, I know how to do an Originate through AMI, but how do I do that without queuing another call, and instead doing ChanSpy on the other channel …?

There IS an action in the VoIP information I’ve found here - voip-info [.] org/asterisk-manager-api

I thought that was an action that existed in AMI, and that I could simply send to the Asterisk server, for thenm making another extension performing a ChanSpy …?

(Dave Burgess) #4

I don’t think so, but it’s been a while since i played with AMI.

Look at the normal sequence for a chanspy “action”, it’s part of the call setup in the context you are invoking, so I’d think something like originating a call to the extension through a “chanspy context” to get this working. As I recall, you do get the opportunity to choose your call’s context on the originate.

(Lorne Gaetz) #5

voip info comes up at the top of every google search, but the entire site is pretty much completely out of date. Treat is as a resource not an authority.

(Thomas) #6

Do you have some resource to suggest, preferably relevant to FreePBX since this is the system we’re using …?