Can't Dial Extension starting with 711+

If your SP550 is on v. 4.0 or higher already, you should be able to go into the phone’s software upgrade setting and download 4.0.15.1009 from Poly’s own server. If you’re on a 3.x FW, I believe you need to manually update to 4.0.0 or 4.0.1 first, before you can update to 4.0.15.1009. DO NOT go to 4.0.15.1047 if it’s offered; I believe that was the last beta version and not an official release. But I’m going from memory, and it’s been a while since I last used a Poly SPIP.

1 Like

@MSchub Here’s the current version

@isaac070517 WAIT – your “Digitmap impossible match” is set to 2. It should be set to 0, unless you’re dialing “7-1-1-x-#-#” from the phone. I missed that earlier.

Change it back to 0 and I bet it works properly now.

@MSchub Should I add the Digitmap in the phone itself? Or I can leave it blank?

Yes, still add the original digitmap as the phone won’t dial without it… you shouldn’t need the 711xT entry because the [2-9]xxxT entry covers 7-1-1-x.

@MSchub Sorry I’m a little bit confused now, should I use this original digitmap?

1[0-1]x|*xx|911|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT
3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3

By the way, here’s the SW release matrix:
http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/sip_sw_releases_matrix.html

As you can see, the latest official release that the 550 supports is 4.0.15.1009 (4.1.x is only for Lync connectivity).

1 Like

Yes, put the original digitplan back in from above -
1[0-1]x|*xx|911|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT
3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3

TBH, it shouldn’t matter if you have 711xT| in the digitmap or not, because those should match the [2-9]xxxT at the end anyway.

1 Like

Another apology - I didn’t see that you posted 2 different digitplans.

I guess we need to know what you want to dial? As in, what are ALL of your extension patterns? Where are you located (country)?

988|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[1-8]xxxT|[1-8]xxT|*xxT|*xxxT|*xxxxT|**T

988 - Do you dial ‘988’ for something specific? If not, remove it.
0T - Does ‘0’ dial your local operator?
011xxx.T - Do you use ‘011’ for an international operator?
[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx - This is normal 1+10-digit dialing for North America, keep it. But it’s doubtful you need to dial ‘0’ plus the area code… if so, keep it, if not, remove the ‘0-’.
[2-9]xxxxxxxxx - This is normal 10-digit dialing for North America. Keep it
[1-8]xxxT - This is for 4-digit extensions that begin with 1 through 8. If this is your extension pattern, keep it.
[1-8]xxT - This is a 3-digit extension that begins with 1-8. Do you have 3-digit extensions? If not, get rid of it.
*xxT - Do you dial star-based 2-digit feature codes? If so, keep it.
*xxxT - Do you dial star-based 3-digit feature codes?
*xxxxT - Star-based 4-digit feature codes? Very unusual, but if so, keep it.
**T - Do you dial ‘star-star’ for anything? If not, get rid of it.

Do you dial ‘911’ for emergencies? If so, you need to add ‘911|’ at or near the beginning.
If there’s anything else you need to dial that doesn’t fit the above categories, post it here and we can tell you what dial pattern covers it.

2 Likes

Hi @MSchub I used the original digitmap and set the Digitmap impossible match to 0 and it works!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge!!!

Fantastic. Sorry for the runaround, I didn’t notice that setting when you first showed it. Usually, this type of problem is in the digitmap, but Polycom phones have additional settings that other brands don’t have or use.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.