Can't dial extension for custom destination from IVR

So I’m able to dial my custom destination extension from an internal SIP phone on the system and it works great. For some reason, I’m not able to dial that same extension from the main IVR even though “Direct Dial” is enabled.

When I attempt to do so, I get a “We have not received a valid response. Please try again”. From that IVR, I am able to direct dial regular sip extensions. Something about the custom is causing a conflict. Any tips appreciated.

FreePBX: 10.13.66-22
Asterisk: 13.18.3

A Custom Destination is a link for executing custom dial plan that you write. It is not an extension and does not have a number, so I don’t understand what you have done.

If you want an extension that rings to an external number, which can be dialed both internally and via the IVR, create a Virtual Extension and set it up with Follow Me to call the external number (in the Follow Me list, put a # after the number).

Sorry, it’s been awhile since I set up the custom thing. What I did was make a “custom destination” that runs a script on the server. I then made a “Misc Application” that points a new extension number at that custom destination. So, internally a SIP user can dial that new extension number and the script is run. The weird thing is it can’t be done from the outside by calling in and direct dialing from the main IVR.

I’m not sure if the possible fix you suggest applies to my situation. Now that I’ve described it a little more, do you think there’s a different approach required?

In this case you don’t want a custom destination and misc application. What you want is an Extension of type ‘custom’ with a dial string to your custom dialplan of the form:

Local/<ext>@<context>

The extension and context will be as you have defined in the custom dest, which is the format

<ext>,<context>,1
1 Like

Hmm. I was able to get it to work by manually adding that extension to the IVR aimed at the custom destination. Kind of a hack but easy to do. Thank you though.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.