Can't connect to LAN

I am having a strange issue. I have had FreePBX running for a while with no problems. Yesterday, mid day, the phones went down. When I tried logging onto the interface, it had no connection, so I went to the server itself.

I logged in and checked the IP address. It only showed the local ipv6 address. I checked the ifcfg-eth0 file, and it shows that it is setup as DHCP, but I had it set as a static address. I changed it to static, added IPADDR, NETMASK, and GATEWAY lines, and it showed it had an IP address, but I couldn’t ping the router.

When that didn’t work, I reset it back to dhcp, but it errors out, saying it can’t communicate with a DHCP server. To check that it is software and not hardware, I booted to a Ubuntu live CD, and networking worked fine.

Any ideas where I should look?

My first throw at it would be a new network card, because is sounds a lot hardware-y.

The Ubuntu Live CD tested that. Works fine on the live cd, so it’s hard to believe it’s hardware.

1 Like

Is your system hosted virtually? And when you used live CD, did it get the same IP from DHCP

I figured out what the problem was. It was a virtual machine, and I reconfigured things on my router, forgetting that I had set the freepbx system up with a vlan. Removed the vlan, and it came back up.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.