Can't add extension

I’m trying to add an extension (generic sip device) through the browser interface but it keeps timing out on me when I submit.

Using FreePBX 2.11.0.38 which I installed today. I managed to get two extensions installed before I hit this issue.

If I look at the Apache error_log in /var/log/httpd/ I don’t see any issues at the time I submit the request (after I have filled in all the fields).

CPU load average is 0.13.

Suggestions on how I can debug this?

Distro or manual install?

PIAF green which completed except for Asterisk which I had to manually compile.

Freepbx works otherwise.

Also have OSS End Point Manager installed which adds a few fields to the Add Extension form.

I guess I’m going to have to manually edit the extensions config file wherever it is.

Tried to delete the OSS EPM in case it’s causing the problems. Not sure if these are the correct commands

[email protected]:~ $ amportal a ma delete endpointman

Please wait…

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_engine: line 170: /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx_en
gine_hook_endpoint: No such file or directory
PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/var/lib/asterisk/bin/modu
les/endpointman/includes/functions.inc’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/sh
are/php’) in /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman/uninstall.php on line 0

I looked at doing a manual extension add but the sip_additional.conf says it’s auto generated and not to edit it manually :frowning:

Do I have to do a sql insert to install an additional extension? Or can I just use sip_additional, and restore it each time it is altered by freepbx?

You’ve got some weirdness going on with your system.

Adding extensions through a conf file or through mysql will never work, you’d never be able to call your phone because there are values that are stored in the Asterisk Internal Database as well that you don’t see.

You can remove endpoint manager like so:

rm -Rf /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpointman

Why can’t you just start over and only install the modules you really need? I guess I don’t understand how you jump from having this issue to wanting to do it all manually. Can you start over? Also FreePBX doesn’t store error logs in /var/log/httpd, the best place to look for them is by running ‘amportal a dbug’ when submitting the page, though I suspect you are having a timeout with the Asterisk Manager connection.

The fact that you had to install Asterisk by hand because something else broke is already a concern. When situations like these happen it usually means the environment is in a bad state anyways, again a good reason to start over.

See if you can pinpoint anything from the above steps.