Cannot transfer call out of ring group

I’ve got a number of extensions setup in a ring group, and give inbound callers the option of using that ring group to reach the first available person. It’s set to “ring all”, and this part works just fine.

But once the call is picked up, I’m unable to transfer that call to any other extension. When I hit “##” and the extension number to transfer to, I just get “I’m sorry, but that is not a valid extension”. Same thing for transferring with “*2”.

Even more odd, there is NOTHING in the log file from this operation. Every other thing FreePBX does, including playing any recorded messages, gets listed in the log. (It’s still set to full debug.) So it seems really strange not to see anything, even the error message playing.

Call parking is also messed up. If you park a call coming in from the ring-group using “##70”, it will park and I’ll hear “Seven One”. However, I’m unable to pick up that parked call by dialling “71” on another extension.

If an inbound caller doesn’t use the ring group, but dials an extension directly, then the call can be transferred just fine.

After comparing this with another system that doesn’t have this trouble, I’ve managed to narrow it down to the option in the ring group “Play Music On Hold?” If it’s set to anything other than “Ring”, transfers and parking don’t work properly. If set to “Ring” then transfers and parks work just fine.

My music-on-hold works fine otherwise. When I put a call on hold, I hear the music I’ve uploaded. If set to “default” for the ring group, I hear my music while the extensions of the ring group ring.

This is really not a pressing issue, but it’s just too odd. I’m wondering if it’s perhaps a bug? Suggestions? Happy enough with the work around for now.

Thanks for your help!
-Joe

I forgot to include some details:

FreePBX 2.11.0
Asterisk 11.5.1
CentOS 6.5 (64-bit)

Installed via downloaded tar ball, running on hosted OpenVS VPS. All modules up to date using free-pbx module admin interface.