Cannot send SMS trough my Freepbx server

Hi
I’m trying to send SMS trough mu freepbx server using this tutorial http://forum.thewebmachine.net/enable-sip-sms-support-this-is-not-cellular-sms-t42.html
But It seems not to be working and I don’t receive any information on asterisk console so I don’t know from what come the problem.I proceed like this :
Image 1 ==> asterisk advanced settings
In /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf :
[astsms]
exten => _.,1,NoOp(SMS receiving dialplan invoked)
exten => _.,n,NoOp(To ${MESSAGE(to)})
exten => _.,n,NoOp(From ${MESSAGE(from)})
exten => _.,n,NoOp(Body ${MESSAGE(body)})
exten => _.,n,Set(ACTUALTO=${CUT(MESSAGE(to),@,1)})
exten => _.,n,MessageSend(${ACTUALTO},${MESSAGE(from)})
exten => _.,n,NoOp(Send status is ${MESSAGE_SEND_STATUS})
exten => _.,n,GotoIf($["${MESSAGE_SEND_STATUS}" != “SUCCESS”]?sendfailedmsg)
exten => _.,n,Hangup()
;
; Handle failed messaging
exten => _.,n(sendfailedmsg),Set(MESSAGE(body)="[${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%d%m%Y-%H:%M:%S)}] Your message to ${EXTEN} has failed. Retry later.")
exten => _.,n,Set(ME_1=${CUT(MESSAGE(from),<,2)})
exten => _.,n,Set(ACTUALFROM=${CUT(ME_1,@,1)})
exten => _.,n,MessageSend(${ACTUALFROM},ServiceCenter)
exten => _.,n,Hangup()
exten => _.,n,Hangup()
I tried to send SMS trough the sip line using linphone softphone but It doesn’t work
Need help to solve the problem
Thanks

You might not see output there if your logging is turned off. You can increase that on the Asterisk CLI:

asterisk*CLI> core set verbose 5

Also check in the /var/log/asterisk/messages and /var/log/asterisk/full files. General log settings are in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf files.

Or the answer is right there in the OPs post. The SIP setting is misspelled, outfcall_message_context should be outofcall_message_context. Misspelled settings are invalid settings and are ignored. Messages would never hit that context to be handled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.