Cannot register SPA3000 as Extension to Freepbx

Hi Everyone,

I have a Freepbx already working with trunks and extensions.

Here is my problem:
I recently bought a SPA3000 and I trying to configure it with my pstn line. I already read lots of tips, configurations and nothing is working for me. Then I decided to first to connect my SPA3000 as an extension to Freepbx. But SPA is not able to register to the freepbx, is there any log where can I find why it is not working?

I already reset SPA3000() to factory defaults. Looks like the problem is on SPA, cause I am able to use my extensions on Android and on PC.

Software Version: [color=#00008b]3.1.20(GW)[/color]
In SPA 3000 changed RTP Packet Size: to 0.020 SIP Port: 5061 Proxy: my freepbx ip address Make/Ans Call Without Reg: Yes Display Name and User Id is my extension number Password is the secrete from freepbx ext

I think it should be a stupid thing I am not finding out.
Thanks

If your SPA3000 is not on the same LAN as your PBX, please explain network configuration in detail.

Confirm that Line Enable is set to yes. Note that SIP Port is the local port number; if your PBX bindport was set to 5061, you would need Proxy to be ipaddress:5061 .

If no luck: What does the Info tab show for Registration State? Turn on SIP debug in Asterisk. Reboot SPA. Do you see REGISTER requests coming in? If so, what replies, if any, are being sent?

If requests aren’t coming in, set SIP Debug Option to full in the SPA, set (on System tab) Debug Server to the address of your PC, use Wireshark to capture the SIP traffic.

I changed the binding port back to 5060. Now it is working tks.
Is there any security problem leaving it as 5060?

I don’t know whether you are referring to binding port on the PBX or the ATA.

Having a PBX listen on a non-standard port improves security somewhat, as most automated malicious SIP scanners only probe 5060. However, that’s not a substitute for having strong passwords, prohibiting unauthenticated access, proper firewall setup, using fail2ban, etc.

Having the ATA Line 1 listen on port 5060 is not a security issue, though you may get awakened in the wee morning hours by said automated scanners. Proper firewall setup and/or using the Restrict Source IP setting can avoid this, but is a good idea even if the listen port is changed.

Having the ATA PSTN Line listen on port 5060 could contribute to a serious security issue, if that line is connected to a POTS line or other post-paid service where an intruder could run up an arbitrarily large bill. Of course, you’d want to take other appropriate measures as well. If nothing is connected to the PSTN port, this doesn’t matter.